Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Rule gentle flow oxygenator

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Roccus 
#1 ·
In my never ending quest to "be all I can be" I am forever tinkering with my gear.
Last Saturday I headed out pe-dawn to get live Mackerel and do a spot of daytime fishing (just to remember what it looks like in daylight)
My bait tank consists of a permantly mounted 60 gallon oval tank, raw water is pumped in via a 1100 gallon an our shurflo pump attached to a through hull scoop, secondary air is provided by a mettal frame oxygen infuser... usually dependable,
I fill my tank with water, I've adjusted my flow rate to fill the tank in about 7-8 minutes,,water circulating in counter clockwise rotation, I have my bait, turn on the difuser seeing as I have about 30 baits in the tank, (2lb of fish per gallon of water max) and no difuser, it worked fine the night before but now it is bound up, OK I'll just run the raw water, seeing as I'm staying in the salt, so I start fishing, after the third fish, I go to rebait and realize the water is not flowing in the tank, the pumps not humming the raw water pump is dead too! (just out of warrenty of coarse) I used buckets of salt water to keep my bait alive, luckily the bass were hungry that day...
on to the the new system, I have picked up the "lattest and greatest" from rule I bought an gentle flow oxygenator system, it consists of a 1100 gph pump (I got the biggest) a strainer and pattened infuser system that pulls oxygen into the pump, break the air bubbles down into micro bubbles for better suspension, supposedly the hot set up for live wells and bait tanks.... I'll keep everyone informed and add my finding under fire to this post....and of coarse I replaced the sureflow (after a phone conversation with customer service I got some money on a rebate for the pump seeing it was close to warranty)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.