Football week 14 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Sports Bar
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Sports Bar Sports talk. Football / Baseball / Hockey / Basketball / Boxing / Nascar / Golf / Etc. Fantasy Sports!

Old 12-12-2005, 01:58 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default Football week 14

Nice. My main fantasy team got its deserved redemption again "Beachball" this week. Playoffs start next weekend. Lets see if I can run the table.

I won a 20 dollar bet......I KNEW that the Dolphins would somehow miraculousy beat the Chargers, and they did. It had "Lucky Miraculous Suck Out Win" written allllllll over it. One of those games. Typical horsehat. Sucks when its one of your fave teams that it happens to.

My Seahawks dominate again though, as expected. And the Pats played some very nice 'ball. Gettin' healthy! Watch out!

Cant think anything else

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2005, 03:08 PM

Cant let you get loose on the lead there JB. Its crunch time now. Tampa Bay goes into Carolina and smacks the Panthers. ???
I cant believe the Jets beat Oakland. If any team loses to them from here on in they dont deserve to make the playoffs. Jints get em week 16. Horrible football team.
Philadelphia Freedom
This is the first Giant win in Philly since the last superbowl season. (2000) and the first ever in Lincoln park. The jints win ugly but win. with the whole O line hurt and some key defensive players. Greisen stepped in for Antonio Pierce and smacked some people. The D will be OK. Even the O line playing out of position did a credible job.
Feeley gets vindicated. Good for him. Nowadays the kicker may be themost important member of a playoff team. Sad to say but true.
Phillies gay commercial
Old 12-12-2005, 03:21 PM

lol. If you go back a week or 2 or so, you'll find my Panthers choke prophecy LMAO. John Fox is just way too confident, and irks me for some reason lol. That team is just not consistant enough. They are up N down every week. You cannot play like that this time of year, and expect to be great. Thats just not how it works. I had that game right. I knew TB could win.

But I did have the Oakland game wrong againt the Jets. I had forgotten they took Stiffy Collins out, and put in Marquis Tuiosissopo (sp?). If I had remembered that they put in Marquis Tuiosissopo (sp?), I would've scored the Jets by 6. But again, I totally forgot tha Raidiiiiiiz put Marquis Tuiosissopo (sp? LMAO) in.

Tuiosissopo.

And speaking of "Lucky Miraculous Suck Out Wins", just ask Stevie Beanbottom about those Been pullin that shat 2 weeks straight now

Nice win this week in your league Jim. You beat that skunk that was mouthin off. But it looks like you're probably out of the playoffs in my league, I think your opponent has someone playing tonight and only needs several points to go ahead of you.

If I play Stormchasers in the first round of the playoffs next week in my league, I will destroy him. I got Jacksonville's D at home against the 49'rs! LMAO. That outta help BIG TIME next week!

Old 12-12-2005, 03:30 PM

Yea I didnt get the sixth seed in your league JB. Seattle slews have the Atlanta D and they only need a few points. They get that easy vs NO. Ill have to check my league and see.

Yea I started believing the hype with Carolina myself. The best team in the NFC is probably Seattle right now.
Tampa have a solid D but Simms and the offense has been inconsistent but Cadillac Williams changes everything for them. Atlanta has holes as does everyone else. Lets see who gels down the stretch. Me thinks (hopes :) ) it could be the Jints.
I picked Houston and Arizona and nearly nailed em. Oh well.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:52 PM

Yesah, Seattle is tha da bomb Dey be lightin' it up yo. Finally, aftah so many long years of rootin' for my underdogs, a few them are actually really good. Hopefully Seattle takes it, so if an AFC team I dislike gets in, I'll have someone to root for in tha Toilet Bowl. If not Seattle, then I guess I would take Atlanta, cuz I like Algernon Darius Crumplah's name I could say that all day. Crumplah. Wouldnt mind seein the Jints do well either, although they are not one of my 5 NFC picks.

Maybe my Vikings will win out and sneak in and destroy everybody and win the Toilet Bowl. I'd jump off the trestle nude!!!!!!! I would laugh my baggy off if that happened.

Well, me Chaaaaaaahgiz choked out. Looks like their not getting in, so now the best they can do is be a spoiler team. Hopefully beat up on tha Colts. Guys like Tomlinson and Gates will play hard through the end of the season to pad their personal stats, which will help me in the fantasy playoffs.

Hopefully the Pats play like themselves and play strong, making these other AFC teams PLAY HARDER than them to get where they want to go. Gotta make em earn it. Unfortunately for us, we only be 2-5 against teams with winning records this season, so we gotta step up ta tha plate and knock somebody out tha paaaaaaaaahk. It would be great if they pulled it out, that way I could stay with rooting for my hometeam and the AFC in tha Bowl. I dont often take NFC teams. But it turns out to be the Seahawks and Colts, I am taking my birds. The Colts have been one of my 5 AFC teams for years, and I can remember rooting for them against better teams when the Pats werent really a factor. And the Colts would lose too lol. Now that they are this good, I find myself bothered by the idea of them going undefeated through the Super Bowl. That is ridiculous, and boring.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
Maybe my Vikings will win out and sneak in and destroy everybody and win the Toilet Bowl
That team of turkeys gets bounced first round. Garunteeeed.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:04 PM

Turkeys

Old 12-13-2005, 02:53 PM

Is it just me, or does the Houston team need to move to L.A.? Houston Texans LMAO. Bringing back that stupid name for a team made it foolish out of the gate. A losing team loses money, move it to L.A. and rename it the Crips.

L.A. Crips. Or L.A. Gangstahz. Or L.A. Thug's.