Fishing the Acadia State Park Area - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Maine
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Maine Maine Striper Fishing discussion & reports

Old 03-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Official Member

Default Fishing the Acadia State Park Area

Hello All, I am brand new to the forum and not too sure what I am doing as of yet. I fish the Jersey shore mostly but have ventured as far north as Mass and Nantucket Island (got skunked and tortured by seals). Packing up the family for a week of camping at Mt Desert State Park at the end of August this summer and wanted to reach out for some tips on where I might find some good surf action nearby. I'm fairly hardcore, never bait fish and will swim if I have to to get to them but prefer my feet in the sand or rock hopping. any info greatly appreciated. If things go my way (my wife doesn't kill me) I'll try for a keeper in each state on my way back to Philly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Trenton, ME

Default Re: Fishing the Acadia State Park Area

I live and fish the waters on and around MDI. Last three years have seen no stripers in the area. The only thing you can catch from the surf are mackerel. It has been very diappointing. If we are going to get fish it will be mid June. I'll post something if they show up, but I'm not optimistic. You will need to fish the fresh water, be happy with Macs, or get on a boat for some ground fish ( slight chance for tuna and blues). You can also go south to the Kennebec region and below and be successful. You can get into some fish within an hour or two drive.

On a bright note, I love it here and I think you will find MDI and Acadia a great place to vacation. Lot's to do (except catch Stripers).
Old 04-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Official Member

Thanks for the info Lynne. I hear the park is spectacular, especially in the late summer. Macs sound fun, especially if you can hook up from the shoreline.
We have a great campsite on the water so that could be just fine for the time I'll spend fishing. Any suggestions on lure types and rod/reel set ups?
As for the bass, I'll find them on my way home at points south.
Thanks again and lets hope they "show up" this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Official Member

No stripers up this way yet. They haven't even hit Bucksport yet which does not bode well for them hitting this far North this year. Mackerel are in full force though! If the kids like fishing, hit up a pier 2 hrs before high tide and they'll go crazy.