Need HELP. newbee at trolling for Rock fish near bay bridge - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Chesapeake Bay
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Chesapeake Bay A sub-forum for the Chesapeake Bay and all its tributaries Rockfish Rocks.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Official Member

Default Need HELP. newbee at trolling for Rock fish near bay bridge

OK, just joined this site, I have loved fishing for years, mostly surf fishing with the occasional charter with buddy's to catch rock fish. Recently my buddy purchased a boat (36ft carver mariner), not exactly ideal for trolling, but I convinced him to try it. So now trophy season is coming up and I am trying to get everything ready to catch some stripers. I purchased four diawa depthmaster combos with line counters. I got 4 rod holders to put on his rails. the boat is kept in a south river marina. I have been looking for maps to tell my buddy where we can troll but I haven't been able to find any. I have heard that rock fishing is good around the bay bridge which is good since it is close but where? troll south? Is there a resource/website I can use to find out. the MD DNR site doesn't spell out exactly where to fish. also I haven't set up my rods yet. I was thinking of buying a three umbrella rigs (two to use and one is a spare if lost) and maybe the other two set up with spoons or something else. I was thinking of putting 40lb test on the reels. maybe filling half with mono and the last half with braided. I did find a depth rid chart that explains how much line to put out for a certain depth. But I am not sure where we will be going yet so I don't know if we will find a deep channel or what. Any assistance to try to make our first trip a good one will greatly be appreciated.

Sorry in advance for not knowing many basics but I guess we all have to start somewhere.

I am trying to read from different sites so be gentle, Thanks in advance,
Desperately seeking Fish...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 PM
nitefisherII

Default Re: Need HELP. newbee at trolling for Rock fish near bay bridge

82gold below the bay bridge is good fishing fish hold around the anchored ships,bloody pt light.mouth of eastern bay are good run 1-umb with 16-or 20 oz inline 40-60-ft back port side 1 with 10-12oz starboard 80-100ft . wwb tony spoon or c\a with 2-4 parachut tadam port side275-300ft wb single6oz or2-4oz tadam 220-250ft i like to use 80lb power pro main line 60or80lb mono for my leaders
Old 04-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Need HELP. newbee at trolling for Rock fish near bay bridge

Thanks nitefisher, I will try that, with a little luck we can catch something.