Maridee Charters - 61 lbs, 58lbs and 51lbs - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 06-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Grouchy old Bassturd

Default Re: Maridee Charters - 61 lbs, 58lbs and 51lbs

To the guys that bashed the Maridee,,,

What say you on this?
https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/sh...ad.php?t=17306

I'll be nice and not comment. Although there is plenty to be said....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 AM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Default Re: Maridee Charters - 61 lbs, 58lbs and 51lbs

Did he keep that fish?

Is a 9wt from a boat too light to fight schoolies? A 9wt in My opinion is sufficient for catching many bass. If you are experienced with a long rod and fish from a boat where you can utilize the boat to aid in your fight. I cut my fly rod chops fishing in just such a way.

Look I can appreciate a charter captain wanting to advertise catching huge fish! What captain wouldn't. I stated I hope the fish had laid their eggs. Which in all likely hood if they were out inn deep water they had spawned earlier in the season and were on the move.

That being said those were the three fish shown for the day. If the Captain told the clients hey that is enough fish for any one the rest are barbless and released Kudo's . That is exactly the attitude these captains should have.

However if there were three additional fish taken that is not right in my opinion. If any charter captain takes 6 fish a day plus x an entire season that is a ton of fish, multiply that times the number of charters that head out of a harbor on any given day it is a staggering amount of fish. Then consider the party boat hauls with 2 fish per charter times 7 days a week. Particularly when you figure that many of the clients heading out on a boat have zero stake or knowledge of what is going on with a population of fish. They just know they go out once a year twice a year what ever and Catch a pile of fish bring a couple home and eat it.

I am not against people keeping a fish for the table every once in a while. Not my style but it is completely reasonable.

I personally can't tell what the length of that fish was It wasn't advertised. I also can't tell the sex of the fish. If it were me it would have gone back. That is one of the reasons I love fishing it is the only sport you can engage a wild animal bring it in pat it on the head and hope to see it again someday.