New Grasshoper Open for tips - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 09-23-2009, 05:32 PM
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm.

Default New Grasshoper Open for tips

Hello everyone, Names Roger from northern RI, Im 22 years old and since i was a kid i have fished, i spent my time as a little kid on a 45" Hatteras going to block island every weekend. Once my dad sold the boat about 10 years ago, i went astray from salt water. I fish for large mouth bass avidly,long story short i remembered fishing for stripers off the docks in point judith and snug harbor as a kid and about a month ago I jumped on the idea of going striper fishing. A buddy of mine and I took a few pounds of bellies, barrel swivels, 1-4 ounce sinkers on the slide set up and 5/0 hooks. We sat on the bridge on the Bike path in Barrington RI and fished both tides in and out and hardly got a bite. Being away for so long and being so young, its all pretty new to me again. Any spots, tips, set ups ect ect? Im not looking to burn anyones spot out or anything like that. I just dont know any places anymore, all the marinas i used to know are all private and dont want anyone fishing on their docks. Anything and everything is appreciated.! Tight lines!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: New Grasshoper Open for tips

Hi Roger, welcome to the site. I just started striper fishing myself this year but using plugs and jigs....not cut bait. When I came to this forum I found alot of info in the archives here and not only learned of a lot of spots but also techniques and timing. Once you have a few more posts on the site you'll be able to send and receive pm's and people here are more likely to send you a pm with specific info rather than paste it into a reply for everyone anywhere to see. I live in Mass myself but only 10 minutes from RI off of 146

Good luck and
Old 09-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Striper Hunter

PS ever been to Wright's chicken farm? Pretty good food there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

, Roger. At this time of the year, anywhere from the Bay to the rocks along the SoCo beaches should be good.
Just put your time in and you'll be rewarded.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:30 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

welcome. yea, some of the docks at point judith can be great as i have seen firsthand. you have good fishing coming and will do well. put a little time in and let it happen. wish i could give you some pointers but i'm not a local in that area.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:08 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

My #1 choice to entice a bass, is an eel. I plug at night, but an eel at night on the outgoing is the ticket.
Check the tides, and schedule your trips by them.
It's been a slow Fall run so far. But if ya get out there, ya just might hit it right!