Placed my building supplies order tonight. I have some belly and tail grommets, wire, 3/8" fish eyes, Danny and Pikie style lips on their way. Time to blow the dust off the old vintage lathe. The spring of this year was my first shot at making plugs. I followed Roccus's Danny plug directions and they came out good. Lost one to a blue fish and another to a long night of fishing and forgetting to open the bail. Don't you hate that sound
. It went a mile
I turned some pencil plugs and after I figured out the tail weight, they worked well. This year, its more Danny's, pencils, and I'll try some Pikies, poppers and I have to try the Roccus 14 inch, jointed Pikie.
I'll make a few of each and try different paint schemes on them. Some light, some dark and I need to work on my mackerel pattern.
Time to start gearing up for next season.