bunker in the channel - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New York
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New York New York Bight - Raritan Bay - North and South Shore - Eastern Long Island -Captree - Shinnecock - Moriches - Montauk - Jamaica Bay - Staten Island - Western Sound - Long Island Sound The Hudson River

Old 04-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default bunker in the channel

reports of bunker in the channel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2005, 11:22 AM

Default BUNKER IN GREAT KILLS

YESTERDAY I SAW SOME BUNKER IN THE HARBOR THERE WERE 2 BOAATS THROWIN' NETS ,,THEY WEREN'T IN A BLITZ OR ANYTHING THEY WERE KINDA HANGIN' OUT,JUST GOING TO AND FRO :D :P :roll:
Old 04-16-2005, 11:35 AM

Hi BassSlayer

Headin out this afternoon. Hope to get into some. wonder if the shops have fresh bunker?
Enjoy the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2006, 08:48 PM

Cant wait till late March early April. I'll of course be out there too early.
Hey Craig caught his 50 in Rhode Island in late March when everybody told him it was too early. Clam bellies.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

join me, after st paddy's day i'm out most every night. last season was brutal as april was in the teens on the pier. always get the first cow here as the fair weather fisherman wait till the weather breaks. rain and wind and incoming tide are alligned, the clam bellie he will find, but the lunker will be sprung, as the season has yet begun.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:41 AM

Default Bunker

I saw some bunker in some local channels the other day, somebody was probably chasing them a bit because there was an occasional splash. One guy snagged one and livelined him to no avail.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Hi Guys

Yeah - cant wait, been working hard this winter so I can fish. Zim, I am in with you right after St. Patty!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

i'll be out before that. thinking next week will give it a go on incoming with clams. i usually fish 4hrs of incoming and outgoing at night with the moon. comet pojmanski will be visible each dawn just before twilight. if you find venus on the loqwer horizon and look to the left (binoculars will work better) you will see it. maybe sunday will be better but is is passing orbit all week till the 11th. saturday march 4th turning around and facing north, you'll find that this is also the time of year when the Big Dipper (in the northeast) and Cassiopeia (in the northwest) hang at the same height after dark. And each of them is standing on one end. i will get out as the tide will be moving in at 5pm so i will get some of the incoming for this event in the solar system has an alingning factor for me and my first venture out as the moon phase is perfect and there has been mild unseasonal weather. the following week will be better for the tide but the moon will be in even better swing as the first quarter is on the 6th. i will venture the first catch being march 10th as the tide in the evening is high here at 5pm and 4 days before the full moon. i welcome any company as i would like to find fresh clams for this.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:21 PM

I got some vacuum sealed frozen bunker and fish bites bloodworms.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

i posted it. march 24th (friday) night at the pier. anyone can come. i get my first cow of the season there and no reason why someone else can;t get in on the action. a little early. i usually wait for the new moon and fish 3 days after., which ironically as april fools day.