Trolling in back river - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 10-19-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Trolling in back river

I have always been one to eel fish in the back river and have had good sucess in catching keeping all 33in - 43in fish. I have always anchored on sloughs and at points where depths were abnormal and my father in law who perch fishes always catch alot of eels. I have read some of the trolling articles and I am a little lost on the tying of the tube (also will bloodworm work for the live worm) also I have become a creature of habit sitting the points and the sloughs so new tricks are hard to try when Sunday is the only day I have to Fish. I was also interested in your experience with back bay river fishing anchored as I have stated and then drifted in those areas and what you would look for as far as drops and shallows. The general area is consider brackish water and depths I have found up to 45ft of water. Thanks for Reading look forward to any replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

I do alot of chunking (Herring) in the back rivers. Also jig alot of rubber, and also use 4" rattle baits to wake em up :) Jigged 10" PowerEels use to work well around here, but this year they didnt produce as usual.