NFL: No more end zone antics - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Sports Bar
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Sports Bar Sports talk. Football / Baseball / Hockey / Basketball / Boxing / Nascar / Golf / Etc. Fantasy Sports!

Old 03-29-2006, 06:13 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default NFL: No more end zone antics

Gone is the fun of the game. Remember, it's a business now, not a game. You are not allowed to "overdo" your celebration of success. Stand down, dumb down, and shut your mouth!

NFL Curtails End Zone Celebrations

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Pro Staff

Whatever will TO do now? :)
Old 03-29-2006, 07:09 PM

Still score TD's.

This reminds of me the Yankees/Sox rivalry. You have one team that has great fun playing the game, running around care-free like kids out in the ballfield....doing what they love to do. Then on the other hand, you have a team thats "all business", gotta shave and have your haircut, business suits on immediately after a game lol. It's comical, almost.

Too much money in pro sports now. It's been dilluted so bad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2006, 07:47 PM

As a Red Sox fan I agree with you. What ever happened to having fun and playing something for the love of the game. I understand thats why everyone as kids played them but it seems money takes over somewhere around age 20, if not before. Its a shame.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:25 PM

Yesah, thats the word, ashame. When I hear my step-father, who is in his 70's, tell stories about when the games were games, it really makes me reject how things are now, not to mention how things will be (worse) in the future.

The thing is, the fans as a whole are directly responsible for it. They refuse to stop paying the ever increasing prices for these over-paid, inflated ego's. I really have a hard time accepting that someone can make 100 million dollars swinging a wood stick around and throwing a ball back and forth or huckin' a football around tha field

Ticket prices never get cheaper........no such thing as "power of the people" anymore.

Those days have come and gone....

I still love the GAME of football though!

Old 03-29-2006, 11:50 PM

There's nothing new about trying to be "professional" when it comes to sport.

If George Halas, Vince Lombardi, Bear Bryant........ were the Red Sox coaches they wouldn't have let any of those scraggly looking Sox players on the team bus if they showed up looking the way they do. Bryant would probably kick their arses back into the locker room and dry shave em himself.

Some were so dirty looking you had to wonder if they were carrying lice
Old 03-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Veteran Elite

Yeah but those scraggly unshaven long hairs won the series and best of all embarASSed the SPANKEES CHOKE

Seriuosly though I'm glad that there going to refine players like TO,it's players like him that are the reasonI don't watch Basketball anymore.I'd hate to have that hapen to Football and Baseball.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:50 AM

I am going to miss SportsCenter on Monday mornings if people cannot do TD dances.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:50 AM

Those big burly scraggly guys of the past were some of the TOUGHEST guys on the field, any field. lol

I just get a kick out of these multi-millionaire owners.....they will pay these guys outrageous amounts of money to play a sport, but then they wont let them use the football of goalpost as a prop in an endzone celebration.

And is it just me, or do people like Jerry Jones need a real, nice slap right across tha fizzhog??? Reality Check. Talk about ego's.......the world's smartest rocket scientist with the world's biggest supercomputer couldnt build an ego that big.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Veteran

It's about time. I want to see them play ball, not dance.
Jerry Rice did it the right way. Dancing with the stars in a ballroom . It's Not a dance field, Its a ball field.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:22 PM

"Look like you've been there before!" ~ Vince Lombardi as regards crossing the goal line and celebrating too much.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:49 PM

"Last time I was there I didn't have a Sharpie" - TO
Old 03-30-2006, 04:47 PM

LMAO. I hear ya. I prefer to root for the people who are humble. But I find it highly GHEY that the league and the wealthy big dogs have to take away some of the entertainment. I think it is very entertaining to see what guys like Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens are going to do when they score. I mean, they do SCORE.....alot. Think about it, how GHEY is it that they are telling these guys they can make them millions, but then tell them they "cant leave their feet" when CELEBRATING an accomplishment or goal? Thats entirely GHEY in my book.....G-H-E-Y, ghey.

So, you can score these goals for me, and help my team win, and line my pockets some more, but I am going to kick you back down into a hole when you decide you want to be somewhat entertaining. Ok.

GHEY.

I thought it was awesome when Chad Johnson proposed to a cheerleader after SCORING A TOUCHDOWN. He didnt do it after he took a dump, or drank a beer. He did after SCORING.

I think they should let these guys continue to play the GAME and have FUN. But obviously, too many people whine about it (who's gonna win the French WhINE Award this year?), so the FUN has to disappear from not only football, but pretty much all SPORTS.

No more fun guys, just be boring, just catch the ball, and shut up. No backtalk! Imagine taking the fighting out of hockey? "NO MORE FIGHTING!" the league says. LMFAO

I believe that when you take away the fun and entertainment from a sport, you make it a "system", and that makes it ghey and unfun. And we all know...that when things are fun anymore........well.........you know......