Any feedback on Tica LE200 reels - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Reels and Reel Maintenance
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Reels and Reel Maintenance Reel Maintenance and schematics - Discussion on spinning and conventional fishing reels - teardowns and hard to find parts

Old 07-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Any feedback on Tica LE200 reels

Found a great deal on 2. Bought them. Used 1 reel 6-7 times. Broken! Spoke to Tica and they will fix it. Seems like a decent reel, good feel and castability. The reviews I read on the reel before the purchase were mostly good. Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this reel or any other Tica reel.

I think from here on out I'll stick with my Calcuttas!

Thanks
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Any feedback on Tica LE200 reels

I have a Tica Gemini. Big strong level wind that casts well. I have had a problem with the reel when I inadvertantly snapped the head off of one of the side plate knurled screws, be very careful do not tighten with anything more than finger pressure, I snapped mine using just a little bitty screw driver . I have found though that their service department is top notch. You can call and actually speak to a person who knows the reels inside out and upside down, ask for Radley, he is very helpful and will walk you through things. They nylon gears on the level wind do tend to wear if sand or salt accumulate.
I had a Tica rod that I snapped lifting a big blue over the Rocks at Shinnecock. It was out of warranty so they sold me a new rod at a very steep discount, only caveat was I had to send back the broken rod, for the discount to apply. I would have saved the old rod for codfish.

Would I buy another Tica? Maybe. For the price it is good, however I think I would go with one of the larger ambassadors for bait sticking.

joe
LIBBA 1646
Old 11-05-2009, 08:01 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Any feedback on Tica LE200 reels

my 2 cents--I don't own a Tica but have used a few of their spin reels, I have not used any of there bait caster/conventionals. I have seen a couple newer conventionals and also heard some not so good news about them(kinda cheaply made). The spins I used were great, 2 of them were 3 or 4 years old and worked like new. They are great casters and pretty darn smooth. This person fishes quite abit but is anal with cleaning and maintaining his reels. He does fish quite abit from a boat and only a little bit from the sand. From what I have seen I would stay away from the conventionals unless you are very careful with them, remember sometimes you get what you pay for

55chev: I would stick with the Calcuttas, I don't think you can even compare the two.