Nfl 08 - Brady Hurt - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Sports Bar
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Sports Bar Sports talk. Football / Baseball / Hockey / Basketball / Boxing / Nascar / Golf / Etc. Fantasy Sports!

Old 09-07-2008, 01:43 PM

Default Nfl 08 - Brady Hurt

Brady Hurt

Early in the first quarter against the Kansas City Chiefs. Brady stepped up in the pocket to make a throw, and stepped into Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, who was down on the field in front of him. Brady’s left knee collided with Pollard, buckled, and he went down holding the area immediately below his kneecap.
Brady was helped up off the field, and walked gingerly with the help of trainers to the sideline. He was later led down a staircase into Gillette Stadium by team personnel. Backup QB Matt Cassel replaced Brady on the Patriots’ next drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Young salt

Default Re: Nfl 08 - Brady Hurt

Yup, it looks all but certain that Tom Terrific has a torn ACL and will miss the remainder of the season. I have now this horrible "all hope is lost, what are we gonna do now" feeling in my stomach...........this must be what it feels like to be a Dolphins fan???

Report: Jets say Brady has ACL injury

As noted by Karen Guregian in her Boston Herald blog, reports out of Miami have Brett Favre and at least one other Jets player were saying that they heard Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has injured the ACL on his left knee -- Rob Bradford

Source: Brady has torn ACL

An NFL source close to the situation has told WEEI.com's Ron Borges that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has a torn ACL in his left knee. -- Rob Bradford

Report: Simms coming to Foxboro

The NFL Network is reporting that former Tampa Bay quarterback Chris Simms will be coming to Foxboro for a physical and workout today. According to the report, if all goes well Simms could be a member of the Patriots by the end of the day.

Brady getting checked, Belichick to speak later

The Patriots have confirmed that Tom Brady underwent tests this morning on his injured left knee. Bill Belichick was originally planning to address the media at noon but has postponed that until 3 p.m., after the players' meetings today. Belichick will be on "The Big Show" on WEEI and WEEI.com will have updates throughout the day. -- Mike Petraglia
Old 09-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Official Member

I will state that I am a giants fan, but I would never wish injury on another player(bar dallas players). I hope brady is good to go for next year, so when we beat them next year they don't have anything to blame it on.

haha just kidding.

I hope Simms works out, I remember watching him in Highschool down at Bosco.
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo View Post
I will state that I am a giants fan, but I would never wish injury on another player(bar dallas players). I hope brady is good to go for next year, so when we beat them next year they don't have anything to blame it on.

haha just kidding.
The underlying message of your post probably fell on deaf ears Cappo, but it's good to know there are still real sports fans out there.....even if you happen to be a Giants fan, LOL!!!!! Injuries are part of the game sure, but no player, coach or fan with respect for the sport wants to win at the expense of someone else's misfortune!!! It's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooong season with Cassell under center, maybe the time's come to take up curling afterall

StriperHyper ~ Will