trenton - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:37 AM

Default trenton

Went out Sunday and caught all the herring I wanted, but after the last few days of really hot weather and the water temp climbing almost 10 degrees there are virtually no herring left in the trenton area by the marina or the bridge.

Loads and loads of white perch. I even managed to catch some 3 inch stripers on the sabiki, but only 2 herring in 3 hours and about 100 perch.

I didn;t bring any frozen herring-if you go don;t forget the herring in your freezer as there are lots of smaller stripers around. The catfish seem pretty darn active too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2006, 08:04 PM

why did you put this on the internet . now everyone that didnt know about that spot knows about it.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:38 PM

Bob. It seems pretty general to me. We frown on giving out specific spots, but the Trenton area as a whole city is pretty general and well known for fishing as is most of the Delaware.
Its still not that easy even if someone sends you down there. If you drive around and scout at low tide you can find a spot in most areas of any striper haunt. I was down there early this spring and spent 3 hours looking for a spot. The one I found to my liking was on the main drag the same street that a well known bait shop was. If i had asked at the shop im sure they would have sent me to the spot I had stumbled on to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2006, 12:55 PM
First Mate

Trenton is winding down if not over for herring, anymore news? The world fishes it but the spots it has are better than some that are not broadcasted thanks for the info looking for more.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:02 PM

Honestly all it takes is a good GPS or updated chart(within the last 3 years) and anyone with a clue about how these fish move in the river will find fish, I found a great spot VERY south of Trenton. I spent the last 3 years fishing above the Burlington Bristol Bridge only to find that quantity and quality can be had further south, whereas above the Burlington it has always been slow catching, big fish, little numbers, i'll take quantity anyday when it is catch and release.

going out this saturday for a few hours to use up the herring we have, report later........

Mike
Old 06-17-2006, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52.8kayakkid
why did you put this on the internet . now everyone that didnt know about that spot knows about it.
You've got to be kidding. Posting about that spot for stripers in the Big D is like saying the sky is up, Everyone knows about it. Thats why its a D*mn parking lot out there. Every A hole and their brother fishes there.
It seems that if you have access to a floating object of some sort , you can anchor within 3 feet of any other boat at the bridges.

No thanks, I'll keep fishing my own spots up river(way up) and do just fine w/ out all the yahoos putting around in circles after they watch another angler catch a fish. Only went there once this year and I'm not sure why I haven't gone back, maybe it was the guy who didn't know how to anchor his boat and nearly drifted into me a 1/2 dozen times or was it the mental giant who started his motor put it in reverse on fast idle and then got out and pushed his boat off the trailer only to have it take off on him. Don't worry he dove for the bow and nearly took a header into the river, but managed to get the boat to shore.

Well sorry about the ranting. Just gets me mad when I see people on the water who are just plain dangerous.

Matt
Old 06-18-2006, 02:56 PM

I have to agree with you rivergrub, I cant stand all the morons that move and move and move, until they are right on top of you. As for being up at the bridges, well there is no way around being on top of each other, that is why I try to stay away from the bridges at all cost, unless there is no other option.

As for my report, nothing except some perch, and very few of them, not even a catfish on Saturday..........river is dead, heading east, time for the saltwater.

Mike