Delaware River Stripers are in! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:31 AM

Default Delaware River Stripers are in!

Could'nt take it anymore,threw a rod out about a mile north of the betsy ross bridge;within ten minutes hooked up a nice 28" with around an hour left on the out going tide,but then nothing for the rest of the night!! GOOD BYE CABIN FEVER!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2006, 07:41 AM

Way to go. I am still trying North of there and I didn't get anything yet.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:28 AM

Yeah baby, here we come. We were out last Saturday up by the Trenton Makes bridge and although the shad were jumping we couldn't hookup due to this year's water problem. Anyone who has fished above the power plant this season has noticed the overwhelming amount of algae in the water. Five minutes in the water and if you haven't got a hit yet you better check you rig. I gaurantee it has accumulated crap. Luckily the sliding rig I used grabs a lot of the algae but it won't stop it all. I'm hoping todays rain helps wash this garbage down so the water clears up by the bridge. But with that being said we're heading for the Wall just above the Burlington Bristol Bridge on Sunday for stripers. Come on Santini worm! We'll let you know the results when we get back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 08:55 AM

Very nice! I was out Sunday night and got nothing. I am not having any luck. But still early.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Saturday the 8th...

A buddy and I went by Brinkman's on Linden in Philly Saturday morning @ 7am with the intention of trying to catch some herring in the river. Bill told us it was a little cold yet and they weren't really hitting them yet but, that they were getting striper on the Jersey side...so we picked up a dozen bloods @ $9.50 and dropped down below the Tacony bridge on the Jersey side. They've got a nice little park down there with good access to the water. Tide was low but comin'...after @ an hour the temperature started dropping & the wind was blowing northern, and of course the rain had to start pounding. Cold rain sucks but, we still managed to pull a few small bassy @ 18-20 inchers out between 8 & 9:30 before packin' our cold rain soaked selves up and headin' to the nearest tap room to finish our trip. It felt good on our first excursion to land a few even if they were small and the weather didn't cooperate...we'll be goin' back!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:20 PM

I think the water needs to warm up a little! Sure felt good to hear the reel screaming again! Went back saturday and sunday but nothing either!Goodbye cabin fever hello Insomnia :)