stripers and herring in the delaware river - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:04 AM

Default stripers and herring in the delaware river

This is my first post, so if I mess things up I am sorry...

Went out fishing Friday on the Delaware river from Burl Bristol Bridge to Trenton and had no luck

Went fishing on Sunday only in the Trenton area and caught a decent 27" striper on live lined herring between the bridges. The herring are just below the railroad bridge, but tough to catch. It took us over 2 hours to catch 8 of them between myself and a friend.

I also saw another 3 stripers caught-all on the incoming tide. Water temps around 56-57 degrees.

Been looking for a report like this and haven;t foiund one so I thought I would post it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2006, 01:59 PM

I was fishing right there on Sunday night. We didn't see anyone pull anything out of the water. Just before we left we got a 15 inch large mouth bass.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:34 PM

Hi surfer10

Moved your post to Delmarva. It's where the Delaware river stuff is for now. It probably belongs in midcoast but for now we consolidated forums. have a look around in DelMarva for some chatter. Thanks for the report. Yours is the first one I've seen so far this season. happy fishing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2006, 05:52 PM

I don;t know what time you were there, we didn;t catch our fish until somewhere around 6-6:30 and we stayed until dark, right around 7:30. There was a boat with 3 guys on it that were anchored that landed 2 fish. This was when it was pretty much just our 2 boats. These guys were around mid river below the railroad bridge. We from above the bridges to below the railroad bridge and caught ours above the RR bridge and just below the RT 1 bridge about 50 feet from shore.

The first one I saw was when we were coming up river to get the herring and it was caught by a couple of guys drifting on the PA side of the river on the flats.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:32 PM

I stayed from about 6-dark on Sunday night. Saw some jumping way out but I was on shore. There were a few boats and we had one right in front of us who didnt catch anything all day.

I was out there Tuesday night as well and got nothing. I hope for better this weekend!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:14 PM
First Mate

My buddies have been netting some herring and doing pretty good.I have been using bloods all weekend including Friday as well.And caught near 100 stripers up to 28" but mostley in the 18"to 20' range.have been doing better on the outtide on the flats.now the herring seem to be on tap i am gone to try for some and use the rest of my bloods up as well.They are getting pricey in the pocket.I am glad the Herring are here.If I can not catch herring I will chunk frozen for some bigger Stripers.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:45 PM

Crazy day! Went out his afternoon by the trenton bridges. Caught only 6 herring in 3 hours, but landed 4 shad! I say landed as we must have had at least 6+ more that we did not land.

Drifted between the bridges again, but the tide wa too low to allow us to really go after it. Tried down byu the 295 bridge and the power plant with no luck. Guy I know had 2 run off's above the bridges during the high tide.

I am goin gout again Sunday AM