2011 playoffs - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Sports Bar
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Sports Bar Sports talk. Football / Baseball / Hockey / Basketball / Boxing / Nascar / Golf / Etc. Fantasy Sports!

Old 12-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Striper Hunter

Default 2011 playoffs

With 3 games left in the season things are starting to shape up

What are your predictions?

The Falcons are looking real good as are the Patriots.

But in the playoffs whoever is healthy and peaking can go far.

The Saints are going to be dangerous. The Ravens have a great defense but a poor offense

Who else could sneak in there and be dangerous?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: 2011 playoffs

Sanfransico 49ers...

Old 12-15-2010, 06:04 PM
First Mate

HERE WE GO STEELERS
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 07:42 PM

Dont go to sleep on big blue. They can beat anybody in the NFC.

Atlanta and New orleans will be solid as well. Oh and I forgot green Bay.

The cream of the AFC is the Pats - Chargers and Steelers.
They are all playing well.

St. Louis can win the NFC west with a losing record.
But I suspect San Fran could score points tonight with Alex Smith back and the Westbrook and Davis tandem out of the backfield. The receivers suck but the tight end and Westbrook can make a difference. I doubt the match Rivers points though. The Rams have an easier matchup with the Cassel less Chiefs.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Official Member

Patriots look unstoppable . Green Bay is finished - Steelers are getting better but w/out Troy they loose... Colts are out to pasture... NYG are making it interesting with just a running game... Atlanta and Saints are both looking good but I'm not a believer in either YET... B-More is scarring me how bad they can play while they decide if they are a running or passing team.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:06 AM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

My Patriots looked pretty stoppable last night. Glad they squeaked it out. But the Defense couldn't get off the field and the offense couldn't stay on the field. they made the back up look like a starter. He looked better than Rodgers has in many games.

I will say one thing. Dan Connoly is now on the do not kick to list along with DeSean Jackson. lol
Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Striper Hunter

Packers have a great team and matched up well with the Pats. The Pats were fortunate to pull that one out
Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 AM

If the Giant kicker Dodge shanks another punt or doesnt directional kick it in Green Bay the team should just leave him there, dont even let the f#@ker on the bus.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:24 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

That was brutal, Rookie Mistake
Old 12-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim View Post
If the Giant kicker Dodge shanks another punt or doesnt directional kick it in Green Bay the team should just leave him there, dont even let the f#@ker on the bus.
stuck in GB. and now they need help????
oh, btw--- KC are the West Division Champs......
ROAD TRIP..... (to New England that is)
say goodbye to Mike Singletary.. i can't believe seatle still has a shot.
see ya rivers... see ya next week loser raiders.......

Old 12-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Pro Staff

Go Chiefs
Old 12-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Striper Hunter

Chiefs are playing good ball. And Indy is getting healthier and with Manning there they are so dangerous
Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

whoever has the best pass rush has the best shot.
IF.... manning makes something happen. should handle tenn. as they are struggling but are scared of them more than any other team.
tom brady
aaron rogers
ben roethlisberger
matt cassell (has been way accurate this year)
NE imo, has the best O-line so going into NE you have to be able to get to tom or he will eat you alive. once he's flustered you have some chance if any. same goes for peyton. the second best O-line has to be Atlantas. then N.O. drew can be shaken but he gets good protection and is tough and very dangerous on the move. ben is too big to be bullied and takes better punishment. aaron rogers can run just so much. i think he gets another concussion from urlacher before next game is over. baltimore can't rack up big numbers consistently and the jets are doomed with sanchez but should andvance facing buffalo sunday.. seattle will win the division but won't make it past thier first game thereafter as i think they have a better QB in hasselbach then rookie bradford and a better defence. philly just has to be the most unpredictable of all and just can't let the dog run to his left but they get the bye. tampa bay won't win in NO and i don;t think jax can get it don'e to be a threat and i'd mention the giants but i'm too dissapointed to bother.but they have a shot if aaron struggles and they beat the redskins "those bastages!" thank you carson palmer is all i can say.....

Old 12-28-2010, 04:05 AM

The GIANTS
Up 31 to 10 in the 4th quarter with 8 minutes to play to win the divisional title against the HATED Philadelphia Beagles. Since that 4th quarter of football - in the next 68 minutes the Giants gave up 73 freekin points. 28 in 8 minutes to the Beagles and 45 more to GB on Sunday.
The Giants lead the NFL in turnovers. How do you win 10 games and turn the ball over 41 times? Oh thats right they might not make the playoffs even if they beat Washington on Sunday.
Eli had 30 TDs but 24 INTs - horrible horrible year for him. I know his wideouts an O-line were hurt but come on -
Old 12-28-2010, 04:08 AM

New Orleans 17 Atlanta 14

NFC

When Atlanta wins in Carolina next week, the Saints would fall into the #5 spot and get the right to travel to either Seattle or St. Louis, depending on who wins the Sunday Night Football match-up between the Rams and Seahawks to determine the NFC West Champion. The NFC West champion will be the #4 seed regardless of what else happens anywhere in the conference.
The #2 and #3 seeds would be a battle between Chicago and Philadelphia. If both of those teams win or if both of those teams lose, the Bears are the #2 seed based on their head-to-head victory over Philadelphia a few weeks back. The only way Philly climbs into the #2 spot is if they beat the Dallas Cowboys and the Bears fall to the Green Bay Packers, assuming a Philadelphia win over the Vikings on Tuesday night.
The Packers, control their own destiny for the #6 seed. If they can beat the Bears on Sunday, they will claim the final wild card spot in the NFC.
Conceivably the Packers could have to play the Bears two times in a row. They can also get in with a loss, but only if both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Giants lose in Week 17 as well. There’s nowhere to go but to be the No. 6 seed in the playoffs, meaning a win parlayed with a victory by the Philadelphia Eagles sets up a rematch in Chicago between these same two teams in the first round of the playoffs.
If the Packers lose to the Bears, the next team in line is the New York Giants who face the Washington Redskins in the nation's capital. A Packers loss and a Giants win puts New York into the playoffs. If both of those teams lose, that opens the door for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If the Packers and the Giants both lose and the Buccaneers beat New Orleans, then Tampa Bay will grab the last NFC playoff spot. If all three of those teams manage to lose, Green Bay will back in based on tiebreakers.
Now, if Carolina pulls the undisputed upset of the year and beats the Falcons on Sunday, all hell breaks loose with the seeding scenarios.