Dog days?? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 08-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Catch&Releaser

Default Dog days??

is there a season this year (september) where the fishing gets better again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Dig days??

The fishing should be picking up pretty soon. In the next few weeks we're going to start seeing the arrival of juvenile herring, peanut bunker (hopefully), and possibly even mackeral. Once they get here the fishing is going to be on fire. You're from Quincy correct? Boston harbor and the surrounding area has been a site for some amazing blitzes the past couple years. Time to stock up on 6'' slug-gos, storm wild eye herrings, point jude spoons, and a varied assortment of poppers. Don't forget the steel leaders those blues are toothy and have no problem stealing your 20 dollar lure!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM
psuedo-NOOBIE

I'm holdin' out for the action to pickup. It's been pretty dry for a while a couple of schoolies but nuthin' to write home (or here) about. But then again I don't have access to a boat so I'm limited to shore. I am patiently awaiting the fall run, I have heard so much about since the beginning of summer. Rumor from local shops in the area says that it might be a little late this year. Maybe we'll be hittin' them into November? I dunno, first season for me.
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 04:35 PM

I can say that the fishing is getting better. Last night I did better than I have all year. 2 keepers for me, and a schoolie for my buddy. Downside of the night was me watching my friend lose the fish of his life. 50+ pounds without a doubt...I'm still depressed. Surfcasting is picking up!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Catch&Releaser

same here boys fishing the last few days has been good 2 fish avg per night just a few inches over the minimum keep. but not bad fish. I am from hingham not quincy
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmh624 View Post
I am from hingham not quincy
Might want to change your profile then
Old 09-02-2009, 12:30 AM
psuedo-NOOBIE

Great to hear things are pickin' up out there. I'm gonna try and head out tomorrow night. Work has got me shackled away from the shore lately. BTW I'm the one from Quincy.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:18 PM

Went out last night since it was a great tide. 3 Schoolies and 5 skates. I think it may have had something to do with the moon and lack out cloud cover. Will probably head out tomorrow night since the tide is just getting better all week. Also, to all you surf fisherman, how many of you hold your rod the entire time? I just started doing this the past few times out and I can feel even the slightest pickup that I would have missed otherwise.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Dog days??

Might start trying that with holding the rod all the time. Going to try and hit the harba some time this weekend possibly sunday night no classes on monday so going to try and get out there