KING MACKERAL ARE BITING!!! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Striper Guides & Charters
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Striper Guides & Charters Fishing Reports from Striped Bass Fishing Captains. (All other registered members can reply to threads, but only the Guides can start threads.)

Old 12-24-2005, 08:01 AM

Default KING MACKERAL ARE BITING!!!

SATURDAY,12-23-05: Well, the weather decided to give us a break so Capt. Chris and I along with an old friend I had not seen in years, Eric Ross, from Pinehurst left out this morning on a southerly course in search of King Mackeral. We found some 66 degree water about 35 miles offshore with bait schools in the area. A lot of the fish that were there were too small to meet the 24 inch length limit so we released more than we were able to retain. But we were able to complete the qualification of our Federal King Mackeral Permits today, glad to have that behind us!! The King Mackeral Capt. Chris is holding in the picture was a NC Citation at 33 lbs.

Now if you like to catch Bonitos, False Albacores, Boneheads, Fat Alberts, or whatever you call them, there are all you want right now offshore!!! You can spoon them or bait them, they don't care, they will accomodate you!!! The bottom fishing is doing well too. Also, be sure to check out the "BIG" shark we invited to a photo shoot before we released him!!!

So, in closing, if you can get a good weather day, go for it!! The fishing offshore is good!!! Just grab a few boxes of cigar minnows and some king rigs and go have some fun. They are there waiting for you!!! It's late, I'm tired, "Private Bodie" the fish dog has already "crashed and burned" as have Capt. Chris, and I am just before doing the same!! I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story. Be sure to see them on my site !!!Till next time, FISH ON!!, Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster, and "Private Bodie" the fish dog says HI!!!. YEAH RIGHT CHARTERS, SOUTHPORT,NC (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement