Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Blood Worms Vs. Sand Worms... are they the same ?? lol

28K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Striperjim 
#1 ·
I always called the worms I get Sand Worms.. are Sand Worms and Blood Worms the same ? Sea Bait looked like sand worms to me lol.. I know the sand worms I buy have those little spikes in their mouth.

Sorry this should have been under the Blood Worm Post...:(

#3 ·
I dont even know what a seaworm or a sandworm is. You guys up north call everything different then we do. :D ..surgical hoses are tubes...rockfish are striper...what do you guys call elewives? this boards a real learning experiance for me

#4 ·
Heres the difference between bloodworms and sand,sea, or clam worms Bloodworms are whie pinkish in color with red little legs half the size of a seaworm they als have a mouth loaded with 4 pinchers that shoot out of its face to bite they are called bloodworms because when you break them blood red blood squirts out You cannot mix bloodworms with seaworms as they will fight like the hatfields and mccoys to the death. Sea worms sand worms clam worms are the worm that are the most popular up here in the northeast although both species live in the same areas in maine. Bloodworms are more poular to the south of boston starting in new jersey and points south. hope this clears it up pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.