If at first you don't succeed... MOVE!!! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-16-2010, 09:46 PM
psuedo-NOOBIE

Default If at first you don't succeed... MOVE!!!

Last night my wife gave me the green light to go hit the water, without me even sayin' a word (I pinched myself). I eagerly hit one of my local holes and for the next two and a half hours threw everything I had in my arsenal. Soaked one rod, while tossin' out everthing in the bag with another. Oh yeah, the fish were out there and mockingly breakin' the surface every so often. Reluctantly, I accepted my skunkin' and packed up to head home. On the trek home I decided I would make a last ditch effort and hit another spot and see if I could salvage something from this night... actually at this point it was very early mornin'. Grabbed my 10' rod and my bag and took a stroll by the water. Too tired to plug anymore, I decided to just soak some meat. 20 minutes passed and on my third cast, the sweet zing erupted from my 6000D. Ahhhhhh....euphoric. 8 minutes, several hard runs and some tense moments where the water erupted some 50 yards off, I hefted up 32 inches, 11 lbs 4oz of perserverance. My biggest this season... so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003post.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	13770  
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 AM
swabbie

Default Re: If at first you don't succeed... MOVE!!!

Nice job! I usually fish in a boat and I've learned to move on if a spot isn't producing. It's a lot easier to do in a boat though :)
Old 06-17-2010, 09:22 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Nice job.. your reward for trying hard..rocs # 1 rule... never marry a spot...no matter how good it has been to you in the past...
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Screamin drag makes me horny

Congrats never give up!

Hey do they still run that boat trip down by you that takes ya out to an island in the haba to fish for the night??
I think it was in braintree ??
Old 06-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Official Member

well my problem is not the spot it is the striper and what bait to use. i can move left right doent matter they jump all in front of me from 800 to 1100 pm every day. its striper heaven and i cant get more than one a week. what can i do to get more on the hook.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerghost View Post
they jump all in front of me from 800 to 1100 pm every day.
From reading this, and your other post, I suspect that what you're seeing is not stripers, but possibly menhaden or some other baitfish. Doesn't sound like striper behaviour to me. That said,,, where there's food there are bound to be predators occasionally. Keep at it