In boston for the week, help me! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Official Member

Default In boston for the week, help me!

I'm in Boston for the week, I can only fish at night, I'm actually in Burlington staying at the Marriott, where's the closest place I can access the ocean and actually have a chance of catching one? I drove out to Deer Island last night took me 45 minutes to get there from here the tide had just reset and was barely starting to come in so it's kind of an off hour anyways but if someone could give me a couple suggestions and what they're feeding on at the moment that would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2015, 08:11 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: In boston for the week, help me!

Hey, welcome to the forum. I'm not at all familiar with fishing spots in/near the city, but maybe someone who is will be kind enough to send you some info in a PRIVATE message. Posting specific locations on the public forum is not allowed here for very good reasons.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Pro Staff

Sorry,,, your second question,,, what are they feeding on...

Mackerel, sand eels, herring, bunker to name a few. Try focusing on slim profile offerings primarily right now I think...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Official Member

my apologies I was expecting a private message when it came to specific spots, I got a couple Sluggo black eliminations, what patterns are working black white yellow?
Old 06-04-2015, 12:22 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripfishvt View Post
my apologies I was expecting a private message when it came to specific spots, I got a couple Sluggo black eliminations, what patterns are working black white yellow?
white bucktails.. red pork rind have been hot....small darters in yellow as well as slim custom swimmers in wonder bread pattern and needle fish in olive/white...black unweighted sluggos

for bait... cut mackerel or herring.. as well as the time honored sea worm...eels will always work but there are not enough large er fish around to warrant their use..