Albemarle Sound - Fishing report network - Page 4 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Albemarle Sound
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Albemarle Sound A forum for the Albemarle sound guys

Old 11-16-2007, 05:34 PM
NC Member

Default Re: Albemarle Sound - Fishing report network

Has any one seen any scooling action in the sound? I have been fishing up the P-tank and North rivers. Iam catching some put not kiiling them . With the price of gas it is hard to just ride around to look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Lunker

Haven't run across any lately but we are going out in the morning and will post a report when we get back.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:33 PM
swabbie

Hi Outcast,
Seems like nobody posts too much, but I'm new to board and may not know where people exchange info.
Anyhow 11/22/07 found a school in 19 fow in Bull's bay, caught 6 kept 2.
Weds 11/23/07 dead calm and blind trolled crystall reef runner and silver and black Rapala. 2 keepers from Bull's Bay and off Perquimans in 18 fow.

Have you been out???
Fishbones 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 12:47 AM
NC Member

Fishbones thanks for the info the last time I went out was 11-18 in the North river we caught 2 keepers and about 6 little ones.I was going to try this Sunday but the morning rain that moved in keep me from going I do not mind fishing in the rain if I know the fish are there!
Old 11-29-2007, 10:00 AM

11/17 - 11/20 fish were schooling anywhere from the mouth of Alligator River to east of the Scuppernong. 11/18 they were schooling strong in this area. We caught somewhere between 50-75 (lost count after 30) in 4.5 hrs of fishing, but only 7 keeper size fish. Biggest two were 26" and FAT! We did much better casting to schools and drifting or using a trolling motor around them rather than trolling though. They have seemed a bit spooky. Feeding on menhaden and bay anchovies. 11/21 the sound was slick at times and perfect for fishing and I couldn't get a bite anywhere on the southern shore of the sound, plus no birds doing anything all day. I've heard a few reliable reports of fish at the mouth of the Scuppernong out to Laurel Point the last few days. I may go this afternoon if I can get out of work today and I'll post a report.

I wanted to add that I've noticed an interesting aspect of the rockfish schooling and its been consistent every time the fish school on my side of the sound. The fish corral the bait offshore in about 15-16' of water, usually by early or mid-afternoon. The school moves slowly towards the shoreline and is fairly compact. The rock push the bait towards the first dropoff and eventually up onto the shallow 4-5' flat that occurs about .25-.5 mile from the shore. The rock scatter out and slash bait on this shallow flat, and this always seems to occur in the late afternoon right before sunset. So the general movement is offshore to inshore and it occurs in the last half of the day. Anybody else notice this behavior in other places on the sound?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:54 PM
NC Member

Man that sounds great it pays to watch there every move. Thanks for the great report !!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:41 PM

11/29 - Fished the last 3 hrs of daylight approx. 5 miles east of Scuppernong. Saw 3 large groups of birds with binoculars from the shore and headed out. Caught around 20 with only 2 keepers, 1 marginal. Caught 3 on the fly rod. Steady schooling the entire time I was out there and only 1 other boat. They seemed real spooky again, even with a drift but maybe that's because the water is so clear. Anybody else seeing anything?
Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 PM
swabbie

well havent caught any rock but i caught around 25 flounder at s bridge in hertford biggest 1 16 inches
Old 12-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Albemarle Region

Trolled east of the Scuppernong and off Laurel Point - no bites. Moved to the 32 bridge and caught one 20" fish casting a Rat-L-Trap around the pilings on the southern side. Several folks were trolling up and down the bridge but since I was by myself I figured that it would not be a good idea to join the line.

Ron
Old 12-09-2007, 12:19 PM
swabbie

dec 9 put out at newhope boat ramp out of peq. river trolled mouth of perq and little river went to bombing targets still nothing called it a early day was told by a few people that fish were schooling last sunday but that seems to always be the case
Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 PM

Just found this forum. Great idea! I have info on where not to fish. Ihave fished the east end, Manns harbor and Currituck bridges several times this week. It is dead. Trolled 3 hours at currituck bridge today. 2 strikes, 1 fish. BAAAAD
Old 12-28-2007, 01:53 PM
swabbie

Thanks for the report guys. Hope you've caught something by now. Got just a few more honey do's and I'll be heading out if the wind stays down......
Old 12-28-2007, 09:21 PM
swabbie

fish are in between sound bridge and chowan bridge
Old 12-29-2007, 07:54 AM
swabbie

Thanks Bundy!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:04 PM

I see nowone has posted lately so ill break the ice. As im sure you all know this time of year can be real productive.I went to the sound bridge last weekend , they were there then .It was abit slow but worth the effort, trolling beside the bridge we[3 of us] took home 6 keepers 19 to 22 inch fish.I haer they are catching stripers in the scuppernog, at the alligator bridge and at the old mans harbor bridge. The sound bridge, and alligator bridge I can vouch for a friend went to alligaror last sunday and brought back a 28 a29 and a 30 inch fish that I saw with my own eyes.All fish [mine too] were cought on yozuri, cordell red fins and mans stretch deep divers.