This is a poll in Saltwater Sportsman- Who would you rather fish with? - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

View Poll Results: This is a poll in Saltwater Sportsman- Who would you rather fish with?
Spouse 9 28.13%
Your kids 9 28.13%
Your buddy 19 59.38%
Your dog 3 9.38%
No one 3 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2006, 07:24 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

hardcore all nighters, a buddy (brother or cousin)
my son likes the short trips, hates the long drive to the ocean, for now freshwater for him. he is 9 and showing interest in fly fishing, we will see how that goes this year.
dont have a dog.
wife likes a hook, worm and bobber, no ocean for her. (at least yet, i will convert her)
my 9mo. old daughter, maggie (maggamuffin) will be my little striper queen. she is already daddys little girl, i will have to wait a few years before she becomes hardcore. lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2006, 10:15 PM

I enjoy fishing with my buddy. I dont have kids or a wife. Sooo... That cancels out two. My dog freaks out and jumps out of the boat. Usually tipping it (canoes anyway)

Fishing with my friend is always a blast, we talk about life, about girls, about everything, without the nosy aprents around. haha.

I love fishing by myself too. I love going out on the kayak or canoe on an early summer morning at about 6, or a summer evening. I love the solitude. I love fishing when its foggy, that way when you hook into a fish that hits the surface, you can never see it :).

I'd pick anybody, fishing is fishing :)
Old 01-21-2006, 11:14 PM
First Mate

Nice days my wife.
Most days alone.
Somedays nice or not my brother, buddies.
Really wet rainydays. just me and and my brother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2006, 08:18 PM
First Mate

Freshwater- alone
Surf- my brother or my girlfriend

I actually don't have any friends who fish regularly. I actually only have two friends who fish. My girlfriend (only when I take her to Sandy Hook) and a buddy of mine who only fishes down in Florida. My brother's always a good person to fish with as long as there are fish around, he can't stand to get skunked so he'll never head out on bad reports, but if the reports are good he'll head out in any weather.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Veteran Elite

HEY JIMI, HERE HERE ON THE COUSIN PART,COUSIN.HOPEFULLY MANY ADVENTURES THIS UPCOMING SEASON.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22 PM
First Mate

Default Re: This is a poll in Saltwater Sportsman- Who would you rather fish with?

My youngest son Sean is ready, willing, & able. He's 5 (turning
6 in May)...

He is all over it... Between my 4 kids, he's got the record so far on the boat...

All my kids fight over the setup that's working the best.

My eldest boy(9) just wants to fling poppers, crankbaits, plastics. He just likes casting.

My kids can't steer very well and its a freaking nitemare
on the boat with them all screaming and fighting. Still
fun when they land a fish...no matter the size or type.

This year, I found a fishin buddy so that'll give me a
chance to have all the kids together and someone to
aid in steering.

Also good for the trips to deeper water. Its better to have
another adult on board.

--cal

PS. I scared my wife to death going thru the mouth of the merrimac last year
and it wasn't even that bad at all. Once we clear the channel markers she
was fine but boy oh boy that'll keep her on dry land...
Old 03-09-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: This is a poll in Saltwater Sportsman- Who would you rather fish with?

Freshwater, my kids. We have some spots that give up a lot of light tackle smallmouth and the boys love it.

Saltwater, my friends. The kids don't have the patience for it yet and the dog is a pain in the butt - ever try to fish with a dog swimming circles around you the whole time

Not a chance with the wife, she'll go only if she can lay out on the beach.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:32 AM
First Mate

I generally fish alone at night. But having someone else there can be both more fun and helpful.

I voted Buddy. But wouldn't give up my nights alone.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:09 PM

I always liked to fish alone, but the older I get the more I enjoy a buddy along. Sometimes when im alone I almost get spooked. Its nice to say to someone else "look at this beast" before you let it slide back into the water.
Lazy summer days the girlfriend and the kids are cool.
Dont have either anymore.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Bowanna

Kids, buddies, or anyone else that I can find to go.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:07 PM
First Mate

I'm gonna say my wife. she can be a little bit of a pain in the ass sometimes like when she doesn't want to bait her own hook but I gotta say she's a trooper. she will stay out there all day with me. she loves being out on the water as much as I do.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:22 PM
First Mate

Kids.... I have three sons. All grew up fishing with me on the boat. I've entered club contests and never brought anyone else but my kids as my crew. They're my good luck charm. Like Roccus, I treasure every memory.

I've never seen a kid getting into trouble that had a fishing rod in his hand.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:32 PM
SWIMBAITER

could you slow the boat down, IM PUTTING ON MAKE UP....WIFE.
dad, I NEED TO USE THE BATHROOM....KIDS.
all my dogs a chi chi sizes, and just hang around the house.
DODOMAN, WANT A BEER? fishing pals.................lol
Old 03-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Veteran Striper Chaser

Wife doesnt fish since she caught me. There are times i like fishing by myself. I call it a spiritual experience,more looking than fishing.Then there are times i like fishing with people,most fun is kids.Watching them out of the corner of my eye and seeing them find nature in awe. Ithink that gives me the biggest kick.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Lunker

The Wife is the one who got me back into fishing after an 8 year layoff. We went to the Cape the summer after we met in '92, and we bought 2 rods, at her suggestion. We've been fishing together ever since. Sha plans our vacations around fishing. It's the perfect life with the perfect wife.
We both enjoy taking my grandson fishing with us now. The boy is only 2, but man can he launch a shiner with his little Zebco.