Bass Decline Article - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 AM
swabbie

Default Bass Decline Article

http://www.mvgazette.com/article.php?29887

I think it's more the menhaden getting over fished than anything else. They keep the water clean so not only are the bass forced to feed on other bait, but the Chesapeake can't clean itself like it used to. Commercial by catch and culling isn't helping but that's not as much of an issue in MA where we can't use nets for bass. If you see someone poaching a bass give them a kick in the ass! (or call the Env. Police)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 04:28 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Default Re: Bass Decline Article

I always suggest calling the EPO's If someone is flagrant about breaking the law and they know they are in the wrong they will get defensive and combative. If you can get plate numbers or a boat reg. that is a big help to them as well.

MA Division of Fisheries and wildlife Law Enforcement 1-800-632-8075
Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 PM
We'er like seven elevan; we may not be doing business but we'er always open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonfisher View Post
http://www.mvgazette.com/article.php?29887

I think it's more the menhaden getting over fished than anything else. They keep the water clean so not only are the bass forced to feed on other bait, but the Chesapeake can't clean itself like it used to. Commercial by catch and culling isn't helping but that's not as much of an issue in MA where we can't use nets for bass. If you see someone poaching a bass give them a kick in the ass! (or call the Env. Police)
Speaking of poaching; I was at Kernwood bridge lastnight and saw these Asian dudes pulling up under limit stripahs. I yelled at them but they were either ignoring me or couldn't understand what I was saying. That pissed me off that they had 13 undersized bass up on the bridge and a full bucket of striped bass.
Called the EP today and the Beverly harbor master to let them know what these stone age fahhker's were doing. I hate these bridge trolls with a passion. Don't care if that's how they feed their 30+ family. This crap has to stop and they need to go back to their own township.
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2011, 07:34 PM
We'er like seven elevan; we may not be doing business but we'er always open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P View Post
I always suggest calling the EPO's If someone is flagrant about breaking the law and they know they are in the wrong they will get defensive and combative. If you can get plate numbers or a boat reg. that is a big help to them as well.
The place I saw this happening was Kenwood bridge in Beverly, MA.
MA Division of Fisheries and wildlife Law Enforcement 1-800-632-8075
The officer I talked to was more than eager to come on down to the place I was at to deal with the problem of poaching I encountered.