Rhode Island Baitfish?? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers on the Fly
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers on the Fly Discuss fly fishing for Striped Bass here. Fly tying, tips, tricks, reports, etc. Everything fly!

Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 AM
Official Member

Default Rhode Island Baitfish??

Wife & I are going to Rhode Island in a few days...Will be looking from Wickford to Watch hill...Heard there were bait finally & fish following..Don't know what bait is in area? I have Silversides, Eels, anchovies tied so far & only couple days left to tie...Any info on bait would be appreciated....Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 12:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Rhode Island Baitfish??

Thats a good selection now. There has been some sightings of mullet. Tinker mac and peanut bunker wouldn't hurt.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Grouchy old Bassturd

Dusk & dawn,, a big (8-10") black flatwing (Eellie), very sparcly tied on a sink tip.
Would be my "starter".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Official Member

Just spoke to a bait shop on the Block (10/13/11, Thur.,4:12 P.M.). The word is silversides flies tied fairly big are getting it done out there. Fishing is spotty off the beach but very good on the boats. They feel that the top of this year's run will be in a week or two. But here's the good news- the bait fish are coming in big time. I'm here on my Maine farm but used to live in Mill Valley. Good luck on your Rhode Island trip. I'll be down there soon enough........ Keep us posted on how it went.

fishook
Old 12-24-2011, 04:11 AM
Official Member

Angry Re: Rhode Island Baitfish??

Well it's almost xmas here in california
...thought I'd post results from trip in Oct...Usually its "you should have been here last week"...This trip I get a email from a Fisherman we met in RI...Says with pictures "Jim, the bait & fish showed up" this was 4 weeks after we came home...Gave him some plugs & metal tins i had made...Says the 2 1/2 oz tin was best first week & 2nd week only top water wood...Go figure? At least the wife thought the state was beautiful..& the good part is she would'nt mind going back..This guy fishes the matunuck area...Anyway theres always next year ! I told my wife " just imagine this great beaches with acres of bass & Blues...Thank god he sent pics...Thanks for the info gentlemen, Jim And merry Xmas from the west coast..