Lake Anna, VA stripers 3/11/05 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 03-12-2005, 06:37 AM
First Mate

Default Lake Anna, VA stripers 3/11/05

STRIPER
Stripers have finally moved to the lower end (for the most part) still some fish in the splits area but most active fish are from Sturgeons to Dike III. The fish at Dike III have been smaller than normal for this time of year. Bigger fish should have already moved in. Topwater and shallow water in the mornings and evenings, use Topwater Redfins, Zara Spooks and sassy shads. . Late morning and mid-day use sassy shads, Sea Shads, Storms Wild Eye Shad, and 3/4 oz Strata spoons. Live bait also working very well. Stay in the main lake, watch your graph and look for sworling fish. Watch for the sea gulls to give away feeding schools. Fish being caught but they are not as active as they were in Dec. and Jan
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2005, 09:42 PM

Finally.
Someones into some fish. With this weather, the reports are down. Us yankees are waiting for the migration north. We need a week of warm weather for the water to warm up. The water temps are 39 degrees in Atlantic city. Need a nice good warming trend. :)
Old 03-13-2005, 07:14 AM
First Mate

The larger fish have not started coming up the coast from NC yet. They normally get to the mouth of the Potomac by now, but the temps are still way down off shore. Maybe in April?
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Veteran Elite

They'd better be in the bay and feeding good by mid april since I took time off work for trophy season
Old 03-17-2005, 09:43 AM
First Mate

They will be up here by then for sure. We just need a few more warm days and some rain to kick up the water temps.