Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Watch Out Hill

Tags
hill watch
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MasterBaiter 
#1 ·
Went over to Watch Hill for the first time the other night. What a nightmare this place is to get into. It is like Ft. Knox over there, never seen anything like it. I had to drive around until I found a very disguised path leading to the beach. Then I found some cars/trucks parked around the corner, some with CT plates so I assumed they were fishing as well. I parked there. Took this path down, then walked the sea wall/rocks to the point. I found myself jumping fences in the middle of the night. I don't get it tho. So the place is known as a great fishing spot and people are gonna do whatever to fish there, legally or illegally it seems, why make it so difficult? I understand they dont want Riff Raff but it seems the situation could be easily avoided if they designated an area at the lighthouse where you could park legally and fish. They could hire an attendant who sits at the gate, makes sure your there to fish then lets you in, problem solved. They could even make money and charge a few bucks parking (and make money), not sure If I want to spend more money to fish but it would solve the problem. But instead they didnt hire someone and spent a fortune putting up fences to keep people out of an area that is full of fisherman every night/morning anyways, what is the point?

#2 ·
I live i this area, and can agree. The Westerly locals make it tough. It is tougher in the Weekapaug area. At least there is some legal parking in Watch Hill. Nice thing about it is that if you find a sweet spot, you are probably gonna be able to keep it to yourself for a while... nobody else knows how to get to your rock.

#4 ·
I live i this area, and can agree. The Westerly locals make it tough. It is tougher in the Weekapaug area. At least there is some legal parking in Watch Hill. Nice thing about it is that if you find a sweet spot, you are probably gonna be able to keep it to yourself for a while... nobody else knows how to get to your rock.
I'm not sure what you mean. Weakapaug has two nice parking lots where you can legally park and fish from all night etc, very convenient. It's Watch Hill that has no legal parking, maybe you mixed em up?

#3 ·
Hi. If you park down off the main road, on that winding entrance road to the lighthouse, you might have a problem. They banned cars from parking down there years ago. I park on the street or in the lot,up the hill. After dark it is ok. There is a gate, where you can walk through, where you don't have to climb fences. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.