Please take a moment to respect the men and women who died for your freedom!! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Lunker

Default Please take a moment to respect the men and women who died for your freedom!!

What a contrast_
Oh my God. Such as busy busy day for Connencticut’s professional law enforcement officers.
Today I watched in awe as CT finest risked live and limb to arrest and ticket the most major threats to our society to day_ unlicensed BOATers or jet skiers. . Oh my GOD. It was so spectacular. They managed to catch 2 or 3 MAJOR social scoff laws with invalid boating paper work.
Gees…
5 Rocky Hill cops were holding up every person using the launch today while they carded and requested the ‘papers’ from every person with a boat. Reminded me of those ol’ movies where the German’s kept requesting “your paper’s please” . What a big freaking deal for them.
Look_ register your boat, have a boating certificate and a fishing license_ that is fine_ that is what you should do but this ‘random spot check’ _ ‘show me your papers please’ is reminiscent of Nazis police techniques I have only seen in the movies.
Those couple of EVIL kids they apprehended today are going to need to show up in court. They where running illegal jet skis. Oh my God!!! It is a good thing we appended those kids because the next thing you know they would have been out there dealing crack on the street with illegal guns in their pockets.
Come on_ Kids with a jet ski_ It’s like chasing down those evil kids on dirt bikes. We should be glad they are out there on jet ski’s and dirt bikes. That is the sort of stuff kids do when they aren’t dealing crack or joining gangs and other BS that really causes problems.
What a waste of taxpayer money. Go find some real criminals.

Sorry about the rant_ I just don't understand the priorities of some of my more urban neighbors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Please take a moment to respect the men and women who died for your freedom!!

O.K. so I stopped in to check out how we all did and to also post a Memorial at the lounge, my next stop. Low and behold I click on this expecting to see a post of gratitude for the men and women that stand at the gate protecting the freedoms we enjoy in this country of LAWS. What do I see, a rant about Law Enforcement doing what they get paid to do!
A few years ago I remember being out on a lake here in Rhodie enjoying the weather towing a tube with my son's friends, having a ball. Low and behold, several teens, late teens, 18/19, blasting the lake on PWC's launched illegally at the state ramp, while drinking, completely ruined a holiday weekend for everyone present that day, as one of these fine young men, cut a canoe in half, killing a 14 year old boy and parrilizing a 12 year old girl.
Ever think that maybe, just maybe, those Nazi's were preventing this very situation from happening to someone else, perhaps even you?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Lunker

Default Re: Please take a moment to respect the men and women who died for your freedom!!

Point well taken_

Obnoxious behavior is a problem and we always appreciate our law enforcement people dealing with that. This WASn't the case here. It was pure overkill. Okay so it is a balancing act between over reaction and reasonable enforcement. I'm good with that. The issue for me is that our local department doesn't seem to balance things too well. They aren't the state_ actually I think the state DEP does a pretty good job of keeping things reasonable_ It wasn't the state police_ I think I would put them in the same category of being pretty reasonable_ it was the TOWN police_ Yahoo gung hoe_ power trippers_ in my opinion. A bit out of control and way over the top on keeping things normalized at the launch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Believe this, I truly understand the frustration involved when a minority few,(the slobs and pigs, not race minority here) completely remove the ability for enforcement to use common sense. When ever a law breaker commits an act creating death the fingers point at the enforcement of said laws. Towns and agencies get sued, lawyers get rich and law abiders suffer. The families still have the loss of or a crippled family member, and no amount of $ can take that situation away. Many municiple budgets suffer from the impact of higher tax rates because insurance rates go up, in order to counteract this they enforce the letter of the law...........................
Next time your at the ramp and see a bunch of jetskies, and a cooler full of adult beverages, understand that you are possibly minutes away from a disaster, come to think of it, any boat or water craft fits that description, when responsible law abiding operators are absent.
Do you have the necessary phone #'s to counteract the ones that ignore common sense?
Old 06-05-2007, 02:02 AM
Lunker

It is more than just frustration it is constant chipping away at the rights and freedoms people take for granted. (and seem to give away so easily) Oh sure_ the evil few caused the problem because the law makers & enforcement folks have to bring those evil people into check. Well guess what? It isn’t working. We pass more gun laws, more restrictions, more random inspections all in the name of controlling those evil few_ but it never seems to work. Kids shoot kids in the city_ drunks kill people on the road_ while we put up with random road blocks and on the spot inspections _ (what ever happened to probably cause?)

I didn’t see any alcohol related infractions when I was there. I also didn’t see any evil few. All I saw was a rather substantial number of police (especially considering there weren’t even that many people there) doing license, water craft /trailer registration and tail-light checks. Sorry_ I just don’t get the point of it. Sure did slow things up as well. I did see a couple of town resident would be boaters just leave in disgust. Apparently I wasn’t the only one thinking the whole thing was a bit much.

I hear what you are saying about a few people causing most of the problems. I just am surprised when I see how much power and authority we have allowed our little governments to have for the sake of a few bad apples. Road block random inspections like this one seem like a little much to me.