Mojo? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 10-05-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Mojo?

I was readin' an old article from Saltwater Sportsman (December 2003) about winter Striper fishing in Virginia. They talked about a "Mojo"... a three way rig with a big jig and a big plug, that apparently works b/c the jig bounces on the bottom and the plug swims in the middle water column... Wouldn't the plug pull the jig off the bottom? I was wondering if anyone has every used one or knows about them...and If you think I could apply it to fishing Massachusetts waters?

Thanks So Much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2004, 01:21 AM

Default BB

BB
Welcome to the board if I hadnt told you that already. SWS had an article similar to the mojo with large soft plastics a while back. The idea was in customizing your own tubes where you could insert a plastic squeeze bottle into a 9 inch mega tube so the soft plastic stays rigid and doesnt collapse, and if you wanted too you could fill the squeeze bottle with bunker oil. (Lindy tackle are the only mfg of mega tubes that big) Anyway. instead of the big plug you refer to, substitute the soft plastic tube and instead of the jig you used an appropriate bank sinker hanging down 3 feet. The idea was to bounce the sinker on the rip floor while the soft plastic flows naturally in the current above. Nice idea in theory but you really have to know the draught and rip pretty well. ( in my humble opinion anyway as Im not a boat fisherman). I have watched and seen other guys use the mojo and 3 ways with great success. I dont see why the jig wouldnt work on the bottom other than getting hung up. Thats why the bank sinker gets tied on .
One of our members had a thread that was started on a similar idea a while back. Unfortunately he is no longer online but here is some of the stuff on the thread. Very good stuff. https://stripers247.com/phpBB2/viewto...highlight=#978
Old 10-06-2004, 09:16 PM

Thanks for the advice...I actually looked up that article in SWS (March 2004) and found that they suggest using two Tiger Tubes one w/ a 24 oz. mojo jighead for the bottom tube and a unweighted tube with a PVC insert for the trailer. It seems like in most cases it would be appetizing for a striper. Hopefully I can try it out before the season ends. The Tiger Tubes are oversized soft plastics which can casted or trolled and rigged a bunch of different ways. The website for the Lindy Tiger Tubes is http://www.lindylittlejoe.com which come in a variety of colors and lengths.

Thanks again for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2004, 09:17 PM

Default Mojo

I own a mojo.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:40 PM

How do you have yours set up?