Braided Line in Buzzards Bay - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 08-31-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Braided Line in Buzzards Bay

So I replaced the mono line on my light rod with Power Pro. The instructions say to let out the line several times before using so as to ?set? the line onto to reel.

After dinner I walked across the street to do just that. It?s dusk and calm. I placed a new lure on the line and set about to casting off the family pier. It's basically a concrete jetty with a ladder. I find that what everyone was saying about braided line is true. The new line casts MUCH further than mono and I can feel the lure swimming. Third cast and I have a fish on! I get the fish to the pier and see that it?s a Blue. I let it go.

Another few casts and I have another fish on. Feels like another Blue but as I get it onto the pier I see it?s a 22″ Striper. Too small, I gently let it go. A minute later and the Blues have the bait up against the pier and are splashing all around. The interesting side effect to this new line is that I find it hard to just flip the lure a couple of feet. It wants to go a lot farther.

As I continue casting I can feel fish pushing the lure and swiping at it. I?m very impressed with this new line. It?s dark by now and the mosquitoes are terrible. I head home.

Final tally, 1 Striper and 3 Blues.

The small Striper was encouraging. Perhaps the Fall run is about to start?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement