Pop Ups/Killing me - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Veteran

Default Pop Ups/Killing me

jimmy these pop ups are killing me Your writing a thread or a reply and they pop up in front of you. have to start all over again. That side bar,is a pain in the --- Not like the old days. To many smiles below ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Veteran

Default Re: Pop Ups/Killing me

No comment ? Rainy day an only two post in the Striper room ? What up ? whats up with the Blue room? I got e-mail to log on Anglerdigest , and couldn,t get in. This pop up on the right side is a pain in the assss.too.
Just go by it to go down on the page and it pops up. No wonder no one is here.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Pop Ups/Killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC on April 7
jimmy these pop ups are killing me Your writing a thread or a reply and they pop up in front of you. have to start all over again. That side bar,is a pain in the --- Not like the old days. To many smiles below ?
Sea Sea - Im sorry about the delay in answering this thread. Its damn near impossible to read every thread. Having said that let me address the issues your having. The popups are a function of the ad system the owners have installed. You can turn a popup blocker on in your browser by tweaking the security / options tool bar on the browser you navigate around the net with. Tools--- internet options --- privacy -
Smilies are customizable as well.
User CP -- Edit options - Edit favorite smilies https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/misc.php?do=editfavsmilies
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC on April 23
No comment ? Rainy day an only two post in the Striper room ? What up ? whats up with the Blue room? I got e-mail to log on Anglerdigest , and couldn,t get in. This pop up on the right side is a pain in the assss.too.
Just go by it to go down on the page and it pops up. No wonder no one is here.
I no longer own this site nor am I an official administrator. I have been in the hospital for most of the month working off a droid hand held telephone Wifi system. My lungs had gone into failure.
As far as Anglersdigest goes, that is my a new site that I am working on. The owners here wanted rid of the blue room and hottie threads siting advertizer concerns, so i moved the content to anglersdigest - One of many other sites I own and am currently working on. The urls to the site are in flux because a technician who works for Vbulletin software support screwed it up.
Its Easter weekend and he hasn't got around to fixing the pathways properly so they asigned the project to someone else. I have been working on it every chance I get and it has only been live for about a week. If everyone exhibits some patience I'll have the bugs will be out by the end of the week. (Insert Fingers crossed smilie)
The absolute pathways need to be changed to my satisfactions. Programming takes a lot of work and time especially for a non programmer lile me - time and patience is really in short supply.
Multiply your question by 10 and you get an idea what its like to try and keep this site afloat as an administrator. I just in good conscience cant neglect tit totally,
You should see my email questions and demands. Anyway I digress. At present Im re-negoiating to stay on as admin / consult.

Thanks for being one of the founders here. I for one missed your company the last few years.
My apologies for your frustration. Its a shame that a popup would keep someone from posting something cheery and humorous.
SJ

Your health is your wealth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement