SuperMuskie's plugs - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Plugs and Plug Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Plugs and Plug Building This is our lure and plug building forum.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Pro Staff

Thumbs up SuperMuskie's plugs

I saw that a new member, SuperMuskie, posted these in the Photo Gallery a while back. Thought I'd give em a more prominent viewing, as I think they look pretty cool

Roccus,,, this one reminds me of the time Jonny and I were on your boat and you had a cow take a swipe at the schoolie you were bringing in

Nice looking stuff I think!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 01:44 PM

Default Re: SuperMuskie's plugs

Joe is on vacation jake. His time online is limited. He might not see this till next week or so.
Those are some nice plugs.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:54 AM
First Mate

Yes Indeed those are some very nice looking plugs

Bryan
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 05:11 PM

nice plugs wheres he from btw i would like to trial them out
Old 06-06-2008, 01:04 AM

I have a polished shad that looks like that grey one, but havent had ne luck with it. Tell me how to reel it in, i always feel like im doin sub surface swimmers wrong
Old 06-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Pro Staff

I'm sure anyone you ask would probably give you a different answer, but here's my thoughts on the subject.

Generally speaking, when retrieving, you want a steady retrieve, just fast enough for the plug to have the correct action. If you're using braid and have a relatively sensitive rod, you should be able to feel the action of the plug, otherwise watch the plug as it gets near shore in clear water and see how fast it needs to be retrieved to have the correct action.

Many times, though, a momentary pause in the retrieve will trigger a strike. Depending on the composition of the plug, when the retrieve is paused, it will either suspend, slowly float to the surface, or begin to sink. I've had the best luck with this type of plug if it is one which slowly sinks when the retrieve is stopped. Many times the hit will come as it drops.

Learn the area where you fish, learn what underwater structure is there. Go there at low tide, get a good chart, do some snorkeling, whatever you've got to do, but once you know what's there, you can use that knowledge to your advantage. One deadly tactic is to cast your plug past said structure, and retrieve toward it, once your plug gets in that 'zone' around the structure pause your retrieve and let it hang in that zone. Give it a few twitches, start/stop your retrieve, etc. Fish that are holding to that structure will many times find this presentation irresistible. Another tactic which you can use to your advantage with a plug like this that has floating characteristics, is to use the current to bring your plug into that zone. Cast up-current from the structure, letting the current sweep your plug into the zone, use a start/stop retrieve to trigger strikes. If you get a hit, but don't hook up, avoid the urge to reel in immediately. Stop your retrieve and let the plug hang there as though it is a bait fish that was injured or stunned by the strike. Many times Mrs. Bassy will come back for seconds

That's my 2 pennies. Hope it helps!!