9Ft-St Croix Mojo or Lami Glass 91mhs one piece - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Rods And Custom Rod Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rods And Custom Rod Building Discuss on fishing rods & on custom rod building here. Saltwater and freshwater Rods

Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Official Member

Default 9Ft-St Croix Mojo or Lami Glass 91mhs one piece

I live in NJ and plan on purchasing a 9 ft rod for spring and fall surf fishing with 2 to 3 oz plugs. Which do you prefer and why?
I'm also considering buying the saragosa 8000. Some say it's too big for that pole but I figured that if I eventually buy a 10ft pole I could put it on that.
I've heard that Lami's warranty is better but St Croix lets you trade up. I just want some good constuctive advise before I purchase. Thanks in advance for your posts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Default Re: 9Ft-St Croix Mojo or Lami Glass 91mhs one piece

Get the 10" er now for the fall run so you can cast bigger plugs. 9" ers don't belong in the surf IMO. They belong in the back bays in the springtime. The 8000 will never balance out a 9" rod. I always go with Lami!
Old 09-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Striper Hunter

I have a 10 ft lami 1 pc. that I loved when I got it that was paired with a Penn 650 ssm for plugging but, what I find myself using to throw 1-3 oz lures is my 2 pc 10 ft tica with a 5000 stradic. I still use my Lami with the 5000 stradic to throw larger wood dannys, bottlesnecks poppers and metal lips mainly in the spring when bigger bunker are around and when I fish Jetties to swing schoolie stripers up on the rocks but I like the Tica better.
The Tica works needles, pencils, rubber shads, bombers, redfins, Deadlies, Krockadiles and avas even up to 3 oz and casts them a mile off the beach in the fall when the forage is much smaller. The biggest advantage though for me is that the Tica is atleast 1/3 lighter in weight if not more That s why I switched to the Stradic too. My average plugging session ranges about 4 hrs. When I finish with the Tica and Stradic I don't feel it in my shoulder and wrist like I do with the Lami and Penn. It sucks to get Old!!!

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 work

Fish Whisperer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 05:04 PM

You cant beat the lami warranty - they dont even ask you for the purchase receipt. They will honor it for lifetime even if it has changed hands. My personal preference is lami. Even if its your fault if you break it the most they charge for a take back is $100 bucks. Its usually $20 bucks for process the warranty.
The St Croix trade up isnt realy a bargain and their surf rods carry a 5 year warranty which they honor no hassles. The lami is also a little more expensive than the mojo.

just my pref. Get a 10 footer.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Official Member

Thread Ended