Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Blues on the CT/RI border

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jidigill 
#1 ·
Just came in from just north of the Fishers Island area. Boils of blues everywhere. Huge 100yd blitzes and we could not land a thing. Just kidding. Great fishing. Couldn't get underneath for any stripers, but the blues were tremendous. Well fed and pissed 10-15 lbs. Had the drag set at 10 pounds and had 2 fish peel off 25 yards like the bail was open. Some bit off the wire leader. Every one tested the knots to the limit. Snapped the hooks off 2 KastMasters (1oz). Anyone heard of a blue biting through a hook? Had a blast and carefully removed the hooks from about 15 blues for a clean release (100%). Just cant get myself to eat another one. Only ate one 3 years ago and that was to go get my Yozuri in its gut. Awesome day. Definitely gonna fish in my dreams tonight.

#4 ·
(1oz). Just cant get myself to eat another one. Only ate one 3 years ago and that was to go get my Yozuri in its gut. Awesome day. Definitely gonna fish in my dreams tonight.
Blues aren't as tasty as weaks, fluke etc. , but a good tasting recipe is to use shake -n- bake for pork chops, original recipe, cover the fillets, then fry or bake the fillets. Once done sprinkle lemon pepper and fresh squeezed lemon on them. Most people don't even know they are eating blues because they taste good. Just make sure to trim off as much of the really dark meat as possible. Enjoy.
:icon_stirthepot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.