Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

truck fishing rod holder for cap

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  fishn333 
#1 ·
hi everyone, i was wondering if any one had any ideas for mounting a rod holder to the top of a truck cap. some of my rods dont break down so putting inside is out, due to 6.6 ' bed . i thought about the front bumper holder , but way too much $ , with the height of my truck and 12' poles i'd be scraping bridges lol. thanks for any feed back....

#4 ·
Ski racks on Yakima or Thule bars are very popular and work great. On the budget side, I've seen a lot of guys rig up functional horizontal rod holders using PVC pipe, or by using a couple of these (below) and a bungee cord.

I have a Hunter Rod Vault. It's high quality and lockable in a way that neither the reel or rod can be removed.
http://www.edgeangling.com/Rod-Vault-Accessories.html

Attachments

#5 ·
I had the same truck n problem. What I did was purchase a kayak rod holder n rod magnets (u shaped) . I mounted the rod holder on top of bed door and use magnets to hold rod tip down to roof of truck. Also use an eyeglass fabric case or thin sock between magnet n rod so it doesn't scratch either one. The rod holder is easily removed when not in use but base stays mounted. Sorry, don't have pic right now but if you need one ill get it for you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.