Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - New Guy
Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Official Member

Default New Guy

How’s it going? I started fishing when I was 6 years old, but this is my first real season working the surf. I live on Long Island, fish the south shore, and so far, it’s been a great season. While I haven’t bagged a true cow this year, I do have a couple of keepers under my belt, as well as a bunch of schoolies.
I’m also a field reporter for a local fishing magazine, which comes in handy as I make a lot of contacts, get up to date reports, get turned on to new spots, hear about expos and seminars, get the low-down on new gear, etc.
That’s about it. I’m looking forward to meeting some new anglers, paying some dues, and learning all the things I need to know in order to hook up with a truly big fish.
Take it easy guys.

Oh yeah, I'm also working on getting my gear together. My buddies have been nice enough to lend me everything from corkers and waders, to rods and lures. That being said, I'm on the hunt for all the basics. If anyone has any second-hand gear for sale, please drop me a line. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CatchingThings; 10-01-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something