Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Ninth Annual HRFA Surf Fishing Tournament in Seaside Park and Seaside Heights
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Ninth Annual HRFA Surf Fishing Tournament in Seaside Park and Seaside Heights

We have a custom built surf rod, built by Joe Miana, to be given away as a prize. The rod was donated by Joe and the Long Beach Island Fishing Club. The rod is value at over $400. Here are the specs below.

It's my pleasure, I enjoyed building it. Here are the specs:
1- the blank is a Lamiglas GSB132 1m- a 1pc, 11 foot, will handle up to 40# braid or mono and up to 12ozs. total (bait and sinker included)
2- the guides are the newest Fuji black frame Alconite ring guides that are angled to keep braid from wrapping around the guide frame.
3-the reel seat is Fuji deluxe graphite silver ring spin seat. The handle is the heat shrink X-grip over plain cork (only) tape.
4- I set the guides up to work with a Penn 704z, and Van Staal 200 or 250, up to a Quantum size 70 reel or a Shimano 8000 size reel. Or similar.
5- I wrapped it in Electra Black Metallic over electric blue metallic thread. I was able to put the HRFA logo made into a sliver on clear mylar decal.

Carl Hartmann