Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Help with Georgia Stripers
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 PM
First Mate

Default Help with Georgia Stripers

Hey guys, I will be spending May-August in Trenton, Georgia this summer enrolled at Southeast Lineman Training Center.

Unfortunately, for me it is looking like I will miss our annual striper run up here in the Hudson River as I will have to leave here the last week of April. I will however be getting Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays off while Im at school and I would love to do some striper fishing.

I'm not a rookie or a googan. Ive got all my own gear I will be bringing and am familiar with many tactics but mostly trolling and live lining. I've been chasing stripers for 11 years now from Boston Harbor to the Hudson River to the Chesapeake Bay.

I have already checked the maps and found I am about 2 hours and 20 mins from Lake Lanier. I also will not be bringing my boat with me so I will be restricted to "bankin it".

Now I have a few questions...

From what I have read Lake Lanier sounds amazing and my best chance to get into some quality stripers. As an angler confined to the shoreline are there any opportunities to fish the lake from shore that will offer any rate of success?? Im also wondering if Lanier is the only waters where stripers can be found or if they are in other lakes and or rivers that might offer better fishing opportunities for an angler from shore?

I would also appreciate any contact info anyone could pass along on good charters or guides since I am fascinated by the thought of a mid summer jig bite and would love to try it.

Thanks in advance guys! Very excited for the summer to come.