Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

"Tinted" Flurocarbon

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MASSfisher0311 
#1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this subject...if it's already been covered then I apologize.

Anyways, has anybody heard of this new tinted fluorocarbon they have out and is there any good word about it? I read about it in a freshwater fishing magazine that I threw out about a week ago but the article was talking about how regular fluorocarbon sends a "beam" of light down the line like a laser....and that this new "tinted" line gets rid of that making it even more invisible to fish. The article made some valid points and I think it may be worth my money.....just wanted to get some second opinions before I waste my money on a company that probably sponsors the magazine who has an article about their product in it........coincidence? I don't think so.

#2 ·
it;s been out for a while. i use the yo-zuri line that is grey and if it makes sense it will start another trend to make several different degrees of tint (ie; braid colors etc.) i think a beam of light like a a lazer is a bit extreme myself but what do i know? i'm just the 800 pound gorillla in the room.:banana:

#4 ·
I actually did a little bit of testing on this stuff last year during Crappie season. I purchased the exact same line which was Berkley Trilene #6 line. One was your typical clear line the other was the green line.
Fishing the exact same setup...1/8oz jighead with a white bass assassin.
I caught probably twice the number of fish on the green line than I did the clear line. All of my ultralite reels now how green trilene on them and they will most likely stay that way. I could really tell a difference between the two lines. The hits were harder and much closer together.
The only drawback I had was since it is such a small # line the green was a little harder to see in the shade.

But yeah, I would certainly recomend atleast giving it a shot, if it worked for crappie it could certainly work for other bigger game fish.

:a_goodjob:

#5 ·
Thanks for the input striperlover............I'm gonna pick some up today and hopefully fish with it tonight. Right now I'm using power pro with 12lb mono attached as a leader.....I'm starting to think that this is costing me a lot of fish. It's time to bring out the fluro.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.