Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Coastal Storm...fishing thoughts?

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  redneckfishing 
#1 ·
Newbie to Striper fishing...I have never fished in bad weather before, but was looking for some advice on fishing before the storm gets bad maybe thursday night into friday morning, anybody else looking to fish before the storm really bears down on us friday and saturday?

Cheers

#2 ·
The storm should bring the bait fish in and smash them off the rocks. when the sea churn up the bottom fish will be in a feeding freezy.
Like any animal they can sense the storm coming and will feed.
just be careful out there during the storm.

#5 ·
From what it looks like the wind is going to be out of the east. So if thats the case for me the bait will be tight against the beach and rocks. But make sure you have korkers if your on the rocks. If you dont your gonna end up on ur arse. To whom ever is going fishing this weekend be safe. Its gonna be a wild one.

#11 ·
Keep noobs home? Not really, just made me buy a slicker. I'm going out tonight around 2:30am to test new waders on the last of the outgoing and first of the incoming and going straight to work. If your new you stay new unless you try things you haven't done before. :Thu-2:

#12 ·
as everyone knows i own the f#$#@d up condintions. went out last night and fished for a few hours and came up with an 10#or so bluefish, okay maybe pushing 10# but funny thing i cut his head off and scaled him as howie the rabbi loves bluefish (everyone should have one rabbi right?) anyway, rosh hashanah ~ they eat the heads of fish/ lmfao when i gave it to his wife? wtf? where is the head. guess i gotta get him a fish with a head on it tomorrow (if i get to go)_

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.