Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - best paint for lead jig heads?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: best paint for lead jig heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfrog View Post
Helps keep those pesky 3D eyes on after you glue them and you can dip them all the way down past your thread tie just a tiny bit . Also if you don't want to mix glitter in your powder taking a chance on the glitter messing up under heat put it in the epoxy . If you mix more epoxy than you can use stick it in a freezer . Usually epoxy kept at room temps will go bad in less than 72 hrs. But I've kept it that way for a week or more . I do a lot of slabs and buck tails or at least I did . Been making tackle since I was 12 yrs old . So if ya need any help just yelp .
That sounds real interesting. I suppose I could use the epoxy over the powder paint to keep the eyes on, since I already powder painted most all my jigs?

Also been wanting to find something to cover up wooden eggs I've been thinking about trying, to waterproof them etc.

What do you recommend? I think you mentioned some epoxies in your other post but afraid that if I back click to quote it I'll lose this message. Thanks for the help.

Slabs??