Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Beaver Lake area Arkansas
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Beaver Lake area Arkansas

:) In case you are wondering, I am retired from the US Navy and moved to Arkansas from California.

Since I am new to Arkansas and the Beaver Lake area, I would like to learn how to fish for stripers. My boat is located in a slip at the Prairie Creek Marina. I have fished for stripers a couple of times and even caught a 18 pounder on live bait trolling. I have not caught anything on lures and I have tried a few different types.

Recently, I have installed two manual Cannon downriggers with eight pound weights. My boat also has a good size live well, a Garmin GPS/Fish finder, and other standard features.

I also replaced my normal outboard motor propeller with a 15 1/2" and 15 degree pitch propeller, which slowed my trolling speed to around 2.4 knots or 2.72 mph. The reason I changed my prop was I used my boat for ocean fishing where the trolling speed was greater. I either fished for reef fish, tuna, shark, and other game fish.

Now that I reside in the Natural State, I would like to learn how to fish for stripers, slabs, large mouths, and other game fish.

If anyone out there has the technical knowledge on how to fish Beaver Lake and doesn't mind on giving up some trade secrets, please drop me a line (no pun intended) and we can exchange fishing stories.