Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Anyfishanywhere rod wow

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Striperjim 
#1 ·
Got the estuary rod today. Georgeous rod. Wow is all I can say... feels like a feather.
Looks put the lami to shame. Action feels awesome.
Cant wait to cast it and fish it. Very soon.

Thanks to Tommy farmer at Carolina Cast pro and John freeze (thumburner) at Any Fish anywhere

#2 ·
ive been eyeballing the posts by suds about this...now jim....i guess it might be time to start saving a few bucks huh...i must admit the budget rods i own work well for me...but i really want to know what a top quallity one feels like. i dont own a rod that cost more than 100 bucks, i quess its time to stop being cheap....i always do this...dammit.:frustrated: i was bragging about the distance i get out of my bass pro ocean master rig...its true i get good distance..but the day after my shoulder is sore...more than it should be. does a top notch rod help with this? or is it just me fishing sun down to sun up...casting continuously...:redbiggrin:

#3 ·
Jim the lami I have blows everything else away for throwing plugs.
Ill let you know about this one soon, but judging by the feel i know its awesome.

Im lucky I came into a few extra bucks this spring. all gone now though. :icon_rolleyes:

#13 ·
Re: jim

what kind of lami do you have for casting plugs....i mean realll specific....thanks.....spinnig reel?
I just traded my Lamiglas XS 101 MS away for a 9' Arra 1084 for my son (and anyone who spends much time here knows how much I loved that rod - do a search and you'll see)
Don't need the big lami anymore, the 10' 6" USA rod absolutely smokes it in both distance and touch, that and my 30 year old Fischer 8720 is still the king of pencil popping rods. I may be done with the big Lami sticks.

#9 ·
DiamondD said:
Jim what kind of lami do you have for casting plugs?
I use the Lamiglas graphite surf and jetty XS10MS. 2 piece lure weight 1 to 3 ounces. line weight 14 to 30 pounds. Moderate action. It has a nice soft tip.
Spinning reel with a 704Z.

I have a 8'6" kenai special g1314T for 1/2 ounce to 1/3/4 ounce plugs. Its paired with an abu 6500 C3 ambassaduer.
Doesnt get a lot of use. Its a steelhead rod.

#14 ·
The XS 10 MS is thinner 1 to 3 oz and lighter.
Thats why I got it . Taking sud's advice. Love the rod.
The estuary rod has a great feel to it. Same 1 to 3.
Suds What spinnning rod have you paired your AFAW with or are u strictly conventional?
They can be built to handle either.
It seems to excell with the conventional over the spinning reel.
But i havent fished it yet. Just casted it with an abu and a penn spinner.

#15 ·
I had a momentary brain fart and said esturary - I meant the 10' 6" USA rod, built spinning.
I have it paired with a Daiwa Surf Saltiga for the open beach and bay and I use an Abu Cardinal 807 for fishing the rocks and for jigging the rivers and inlets (It's a much tougher reel then the Daiwa.)
I've never thrown spinning gear this far in my life.

I'm looking forward to plugging with the Estuary rod. I think that one and the 12' universal rod with a foot nipped off the butt end, both built dual purpose spinning/ conventional with lowriders, are going to be truly great multipurpose rods for the North East.

By the way, I swung a 7# fish up and over the rail this weekend just to see if the ferrule could take it. Handled the abuse with no problem (not that I would recommend doing that if you can help it). The ability to take a beating is why I just promoted it to take the place of my old glass river jigging rod.

#16 ·
jimi4290 said:
when you fish the anyfish rod...let us know what you think...be honest.
Took the anyfish anywhere Estuary rod (AFAW) out for a test spin with with Paulie Zim the other night. http://www.anyfishanywhereusa.com/estuary-rod.htm

Great tip action. Awesome rod for pencils. Sweet spot seemed like 2 1/4 ounces. Paired it with a spinning Quantum Cabo PT 50 (20 # fireline) which is a tad heavy for the rod. (just a tad)
Nearly hit a sailboat in the harbor with a 2 ounce tin. :smile:
Got the Zim meisters stamp of approval and the drool was visable through the pea soup fog. thumbsup.gif
Of course Zim was trying to snag bunker with it.
The jury is still out with some of the 1 ounce plastics. The lami seems to chuck them furthur but that may be due to aerodynamics and my technique.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.