Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Hudson River in the Hudson Valley

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  szes077 
#1 ·
I know with all this rain lately the river is all turned up everywhere, but I was wondering how far up the river the fish have come so far. Anyone fishing the Hudson above the city? What area and any luck?

I want to get out as soon as I can, I have the urge

#6 ·
Son and I fished TZ Bridge area today from 2pm till 6pm
Did not get a bite on either pole, but the guys next to us about 4oft away pulled in 3 stripers. (1) 19" which he asked me if I wanted it. (1) 22" and a 23". Those fish were caught within 1 hour from each other. I would have taken pics with the phone but don't know how they would have liked that too much. Friend of mine from way back was there also fishing and informed me that he caught a 32" over the weekend so they are biting, just not my line.

#9 ·
We were all using Bloods, We go to the same bait store in Sleepy Hollow.
If you want to know how there biting, just call Tony at Hudson River Rod & Gun club. Very nice man been selling bait there for a while. Some of you might remember his brother Nick from Nicks Bait & Tackle from North Tarrytown way way back in the early 1970 when us older guys use to order Field & Stream and Guns & Ammo and ride our bikes to the river at 4:30am to fish. What a magical time. Now i fish with with my Son & Granddaughter. How time fly's.

Good Luck Guys!

#11 ·
to bad there is no like button im itching reel bad i love ice fishing but hung my stuff up 3 weeks ago to work on the boat and get my gear in order. my calander is booked almost to mamorial day and every couple of days i look at it to see where i can squize a trip in for me where i get to fish insted of tring to be a guide. dont get me wrong i like seeing people catch there first but... on a bright note i am takeing my buddies kid out for the first time this year we told him he had to be 10 to go in the boat figering it would give us awile for fishing no wives or kids well he's 10 now and knows the season is just about ready to start, he called last night to book his trip with me and made sure to remind me about his age i think he is more exciteed than us for his first trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.