Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Some more that did not become firewood

Tags
firewood
2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  rclark12 
#1 ·
Just finished up a few surfsters and large Rickski style swimmers, Thanks Rick for helping me out, and for giving us such a fine (and popular) plug .

Surfsters first:

Sports equipment Surface lure Wood Fishing bait Bait

And my version of Rickski's, one as close as possible for me to get to the original paint scheme, one in transparent sunrise yellow over a gold base, and one in Miller Genuine Draft, black over gold.

Wood Amber Tire Hardwood Pest

Changed up the eyes a bit, just because I am on a small eye kick. These eyes are pretty cool, they are clear plastic with a black pupil, and you can paint the backside of the eye any color you want.

Toy Wood Office supplies Flooring Floor

See less See more
#8 ·
Rick,
Those eyes came from Cape Cod Tackle, they have little posts sticking off the back of the eye, you either need to cut the post off or drill into the plug to accomodate the post. I chose to drill in, and glued the post into the plug, to avoid leaking epoxy around the eye hole when I put them together. I have a bad habit of getting epoxy all over everything if I'm not careful.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.