Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Oregon Striper Fishing
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Official Member

Default Oregon Striper Fishing

Hi, I'm new to this forum but am interested in learning about striper fishing on the Coquille river. I noticed that the last posts regarding stripers in southern Oregon were in 2009. Is there anyone that still fishes the Coquille for stripers that still is involved with this forum? I have fished the Coquille for salmon and did well trolling for chinook around Riverton this last fall (Oct. 2010). I am retired now and have time to fish when and where I want now. I have done a lot of night fishing for largemouth bass . I live in Riddle, about 11/2 hours from the Riverton and would be eager to hear from someone who is currently fishing for stripers on the Coquille. Back in the 1980's I made several trips to Reedsport and fished the Smith and the Umpqua---I ended up with one striper about 12 lbs out of at least six trips. I stopped going because I coulden't find anyone that knew how to fish for them. I am going to start fishing the Coquille now trying to incorporate what the 10 previous posts at this site said regarding technique and timing. If I don't hear back I guess it will be trial and error, but at least I'll be fishing---and that's what I like to do. Thanks for any updated info.

dstewart