Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Adding a drag gasket?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Adding a drag gasket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim202000 View Post
This may be a dumb question Ö.. but thatís why its in the beginner forum.

Can I cut and fit some sort of foam or rubber gasket to the top of the Drag housing on a reel that does not have a sealed drag or will that just stress the threads on the drag knob and cause damage? I know it will not be bullet proof but I figure it could be better than nothing. It is a spinning reel ( not sure of the model off hand / Iím at work). It does not get a lot of water in it and I rinse it religiously after every outing. I also oil and grease it often because it is not the greatest reel but I need it to last. The drag washers are a stack of, I think, 4 Steel and 3 felt washers. The last time I took the stack apart to wipe them and oil the felt there was defiantly corrosion on the metal washers. I donít dunk the reel but it does get wet form normal use. Is there any thing that I can do to keep the salt better? I am trying my damnedest to maintain this thing until I can up grade. Any help is greatly appreciated.

peace
jim look up smooth drags, thay may have them for your reel, thay are top grade, ----------billy