Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated Boston Harbor Fisherman
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Frustrated Boston Harbor Fisherman

So for 3 years I have owned a boat. I currently have a 20 foot center console boat. I live in braintree and go out of weymouth back river. In my 3 years of fishing off the boat I have only caught about 3 fish 1 striper and 2 blues. I have gone out over 50 times no exaggeration. Mostly real early in the morning. I grew up fishing trout up in NH in N Conway at about 5 yrs old when my grandfather taught me. I have a fish finder/ gps. I know the islands in the area. I usually use clams/chunk bait mackerel etc..and drift behind the islands. I was told that was good, but I never have any luck. I always ask rick at the bait shop over the fore river bridge. Last week he told me in the back river weymouth or hingham. I spent 8 hours and not even a bite. I do have a livewell but have no idea how to find live bait. I have sabiki rigs but never pull anything up. Once I have used a trouble hook when the fish were at the top of the water as we noticed 30 boats and 100's of birds catching live bait but had not luck trolling the live bait. Any help would be great. I also have used tube and worm but no luck. It seems that I am not fishing the right spots. I am not looking to steal any secret spots just catch a few fish this summer. My grandfather would be so pissed at me if he knew how bad my luck/general skills as a fisherman has been fishing!!!!