Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Thankgiving Morn

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  T_i_G_e_R 
#1 ·
This is going to be the first year I've not gone pheasant hunting in the turkey day morn.
I'm a gonna go bass fishing instead.
I'll be here in SoCo because things ARE hot, hot, hot right now.
If anyone's interested I'll be at the "5 C's".
Anyone else get out of the house in the morning to let the women do their thing in peace?

#5 ·
Where is Jimmy Hoffa anyway? :wink1:

Hey Float,,, go ahead and PM me the info, not too familiar with your area yet. Only variable is how long I can stay. Haven't talked to the wifey yet. I usually have to be home by 6:30 so I'm on hand when the kids wake up,,, I'll see if I can get an extension thumbsup.gif If that doesn't work out, I may head out earlier to make the trip worth it.

#8 ·
Dang it... got home from work today to find the wife and both kids sick, Thanksgiving dinner plans cancelled, and a "You better not even be thinking of going fishing tomorrow!" croaked out from the bedroom. Guess I'll have to stay home :hmh: Sorry Floatsum!! Didn't see this one coming.

#9 ·
Well, nobody missed anything exciting.BIG,, Big tides at or just before daybreak. The whole beach was awash right up to the dunes with over 12" water depth. Driving the beach was not an option this A.M.Saw several that walked it a bit, self included, and no hits, no strikes and no birdies. Wash was pretty sandy too. Couldn't see any bait whatsoever (but I know there's some around). Been a killer week all week, but I have been hitting the lower tides with the luck of the Irish.Tomorrow's anouther day.

#10 ·
hey, I will be up here (quonnie) for the weekend... hell Im here now.. been fishing for two days. NOT A BITE... not even a nipple nibble... nothing... would anyone be interested in hitting the beach this morning or Sat AM? Ive got a few secret spots... I am interested in where 5c's is... Im prolly only a mile from there.. is it near the nunnery?? or central or east or west.. gimme a hint here fellas.. neway lemme know if anyone is interested in gettin together one of these mornings..

#12 ·
thanks floatsum ... I will have to wait a week for low tide to coincide with twilight / dusk ... maybe by then the large herring will be in??? Has anyone seen the large herring run yet? Don said not yet.. capt don.. goin to see him today will get the scoop and post here later today.. peace:icon_stirthepot:

#13 ·
Grrrrrrr.
Lately when I share "forcast / predictions" I'm 180 deg. off!
Went and caught the afternoon (at the above predicted spot) low and nada!
Made a run to where the "Father's Day Eve" was and things were rocking!
I need a new crystal ball I think.:pbdoi:

#14 ·
yea this afternoon sucked, not only were there 7 guys crawling all over my rocks (well I think they are mine cuz they are in front of my house :p), but the herring were almost a mile offshore... and it is going to be freezing tonight.. already is freezing... only two more days left and I gotta go back to NY... anyone up for meeting up in the morning this morning?? Im in Quonochontaug...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.