Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Low tide fishing anyone?

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mainesurfcasta 
#1 ·
Half of the stripers I've caught were at low tide,anyone here doing any low tide fishing-any tips from the Pros.

#2 ·
It all depends on the spot. I have a couple spots that tend to light up at low tide, while other spots really suck at low tide. The key is fishing your spot at all stages of the tide,,, putting in your time and keeping notes on what happens. Do your homework, pay your dues, whatever you want to call it. The is the best way to learn how to fish YOUR spot thumbsup.gif And keep in mind, just because low tide is hot at your spot,,, it may be very different at slightly different location.

#5 ·
i've caught a lot of fish at about 2 hours before and up until the tide slacks at low. definitely some spots where feeding frenzys occur at that time. usually where the river meets the ocean. you could just wade in and scoop up stripers at some places. at high tide there is a lot of water so a lot of room for fish to move around and you can get skunked even when fish are there. fishing narrow rivers or right where river / ocean meet = no escape. if u end up getting just schoolies because they are so thick, try a bigger lure i use a shallow diver, like a black mambo, (if it is night...) or something of that nature and cast it beyond the frenzy and then let it sink below the schoolies to get the bigger fish.

thumbsup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.